Vajpayee’s health improving, say doctorsFebruary 16th, 2009 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 16 (IANS) Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who is being treated for a chest infection at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences here, has shown improvement, doctors attending on him said Monday.
“Vajpayee is in the ICU (intensive care unit) and has been improving. His vital parameters like blood pressure level, liver and kidney are normal,” said AIIMS medical superintendent D.K. Sharma.
Vajpayee was taken off the ventilator Sunday. The octogenarian leader underwent a tracheotomy surgery for smoother airway management and was put on minimal ventilator support Saturday.
Tracheotomy is a surgical procedure in the neck to open a direct airway through an incision in the windpipe.
The veteran Bharatiya Janata Party leader was admitted to the hospital after he complained of breathing difficulty Feb 3.
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but stable - Feb 17, 2009
- Vajpayee taken off ventilator, stable - Feb 15, 2009
- Vajpayee on minimal ventilator support, breathing on his own - Feb 14, 2009
- Vajpayee showing improvement, Gujral discharged - Feb 19, 2009
- Gradual improvement in Vajpayee's health - Feb 20, 2009
- Vajpayee likely to be discharged in next few days - Feb 26, 2009
- Vajpayee''s health better - Feb 14, 2009
- Vajpayee''s health improving, say AIIMS doctors - Feb 19, 2009
- Vajpayee''s health improving - Feb 18, 2009
- Vajpayee fully conscious and breathing on his own: AIIMS - Feb 15, 2009
- Vajpayee undergoes health checkup - Aug 22, 2010
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but shows improvement - Feb 10, 2009
- Vajpayee showing steady improvement:AIIMS - Feb 23, 2009
- Vajpayee still in hospital, condition stable - Feb 09, 2009
- Vajpaayee is making steady progress - Feb 13, 2009
Tags: aiims, airway management, all india institute of medical sciences, blood pressure, breathing difficulty, chest infection, former prime minister, incision, india institute, intensive care unit, kidney, liver, medical superintendent, New Delhi, party leader, tracheotomy, vajpayee, ventilator support, vital parameters, windpipe