Vaiko proposes Jayalalitha for prime ministershipApril 19th, 2009 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 19 (IANS) MDMK boss Vaiko Sunday proposed AIADMK general secretary Jayalalitha’s name for prime ministership, terming her “the fittest candidate”.
“I shall canvass support for this dynamic leader with versatile capabilities as she is the fittest candidate for the post of prime minister,” Vaiko told reporters.
“We are unmindful of the absence of her aspirations (for this post) and will continue to voice our support”.
- MDMK quits AIADMK alliance, to boycott elections (Lead) - Mar 20, 2011
- Vaiko seeks UN intervention in Sri Lankan crisis - Apr 19, 2009
- MDMK breaks away from AIADMK, to boycott elections - Mar 20, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
- Brisk polling in Tamil Nadu bypoll (Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- AIADMK discusses seat sharing differences with allies - Mar 18, 2011
- Fissures in alliance, Jayalalithaa puts off poll campaign - Mar 18, 2011
- Around 75 percent voting in Tamil Nadu assembly by-poll (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- BJD, AIADMK back Sagma for president (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- Ditched by AIADMK, MDMK to decide its future action - Mar 17, 2011
- AIADMK, CPI-M sign seat sharing pact - Mar 19, 2011
- AIADMK to contest two Rajya Sabha seats - May 25, 2010
- AIADMK allies upset, exploring third front? (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Vaiko quits AIADMK alliance over seat sharing disagreement - Mar 20, 2011
- AIADMK saves alliance, DMDK agrees to list - Mar 20, 2011