Vaiko may be arrested again: Chennai policeApril 12th, 2009 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 12 (IANS) MDMK leader Vaiko and actor-turned-politician Vijaya T. Rajendherr may be arrested for alleged anti-national speeches, Chennai police Commissioner K. Radhakrishnan said Sunday.
“The copies of the speeches by Vaiko and Rajendherr are being analysed for various legal aspects. We have already registered a case against Vaiko. There are possibilities of (police) arresting them,” Radhakrishnan told reporters.
Vaiko has already been arrested twice on the same charges.
Former legislator Rajendherr has switched parties several times. He leads a party All India Latchiya DMK and currently hosts a talk show on Sun TV, a channel part-owned by Dayanidhi Maran, the DMK candidate for Central Chennai constituency.
Rajendherr is a bitter critic of Vaiko and the actor-turned-politician Vijaykanth, all of whom espouse the cause of sufferings of the Tamil ethnic minority in Sri Lanka.
- MDMK planning television channel to counter 'disinformation' campaign - Apr 13, 2009
- Vaiko quits AIADMK alliance over seat sharing disagreement - Mar 20, 2011
- DMK, Congress in row over seat sharing (Evening Lead) - Mar 05, 2011
- DMDK, CPI-M tie up for Tamil Nadu local polls - Sep 27, 2011
- Arrested DMK leaders, cadres released (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- AIADMK signs eighth seat-sharing pacts - Mar 11, 2011
- DMK MP held on land grab charges - Nov 16, 2011
- AIADMK discusses seat sharing differences with allies - Mar 18, 2011
- Maran's abrupt end as minister, second time over (Profile) - Jul 07, 2011
- DMK cadres ready for soul-searching at Coimbatore - Jul 22, 2011
- Karunanidhi silent as Marans raided in 2G case (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2011
- AIADMK, CPI-M in talks on seat sharing - Feb 19, 2011
- Protesting DMK leaders arrested in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Maran's resignation should have come long ago: Jayalalithaa - Jul 07, 2011
- AIADMK may reach deal with Left Sunday - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: actor turned politician, constituency, dayanidhi maran, dmk, ethnic minority, India, legal aspects, legislator, police commissioner, possibilities, radhakrishnan, several times, speeches, sri lanka, sufferings, sun tv, talk show, vijaykanth