Uttarakhand CM tries to make peace with rivalJune 12th, 2012 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
Dehradun, June 12 (IANS) Hoping to make peace, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna Tuesday allocated multiple responsibilities to his arch rival Harak Singh Rawat and six other legislators.
Rawat, who was recently sworn in as cabinet minister, would be handling agriculture, agriculture education, agri-marketing, medical education and ’sainik kalyan’ (soldiers’ welfare), Bahuguna told reporters at the state secretariat here.
Besides this, Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion has been made chairman of the Forest Corporation, Sarbat Karim Ansari has been given the charge of the Housing Board, and Dinesh Dhanay put in charge of the Garhwal Development Board. Besides, Vijay Pal Sajwan, Ganesh Godiyal and Narayan Ram Arya have been made secretaries of the parliamentary board.
All these legislators would enjoy privileges of a cabinet minister, the chief minister said.
The move is being seen as a last attempt by Bahuguna to placate legislators loyal to Rawat, who had revolted in March against the leadership’s decision to nominate him chief minister of Uttarakhand.
- Rebellion peters out in Uttarakhand Congress - Mar 20, 2012
- Bahuguna distributes portfolios, retains 24 departments - Apr 02, 2012
- Bahuguna downplays Rawat's dissent (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Bahuguna sworn in amid revolt by Harish Rawat (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Harish Rawat in Uttarakhand Congress election panel - Sep 19, 2011
- Upset over not being made CM, Rawat writes to Sonia - Mar 13, 2012
- Not poaching among BJP for Bahuguna's seat: Rawat - Apr 27, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named Uttarakhand chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Bahuguna proves majority amidst walkout - Mar 29, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named new Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Congress confident of Bahuguna proving majority - Mar 14, 2012
- Congress rules out change of leadership in Uttarakhand - Mar 18, 2012
- Bahuguna moves into official bungalow - Mar 31, 2012
- Bahuguna sworn in asUttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Congress core committee meets to discuss Mamata's demands, Uttarakhand crisis - Mar 17, 2012
Tags: agri marketing, agriculture agriculture, agriculture education, ansari, arch rival, arya, cabinet minister, chief minister, ganesh, housing board, kalyan, karim, kunwar, last attempt, marketing medical, medical education, narayan, rawat, sarbat, state secretariat