Uttar Pradesh minister to face murder caseAugust 6th, 2011 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Etah (Uttar Pradesh), Aug 6 (IANS) An Uttar Pradesh court Saturday directed police to register a murder case against Avadh Pal Singh Yadav, animal husbandry and dairy development minister in the Mayawati government.
Etah district Chief Judicial Magistrate Santosh Buddhi Sagar Misra’s order came on an application moved by the brother of a private security guard Santosh, who was gunned down June 10.
The guard was killed along with his employer Vijay Verma and his son Mithun Verma, in Jaithra town of Etah district, about 270 km from state capital Lucknow.
The slain security guard’s brother Anurodh alleged that the murders were masterminded by Yadav.
He alleged that the minister’s two brothers - Chandra Pratap Singh, a ruling Bahujan Samaj Party legislator, and Amarpal Singh Yadav - as well as the minister’s son Ranjit Yadav were part of the murder conspiracy.
The triple murder was carried out by five masked men.
The jeweller’s family initially named the minister as the brain behind the murder but subsequently withdrew their allegations.
Anurodh sought registration of a case of murder and criminal conspiracy against the minister, his two brothers and son.
He also accused the local administration and police of turning down his request to take action against the minister.
The minister was recently indicted by the Lok Ayukta for corruption.
- Uttar Pradesh Lok Ayukta recommends removal of 'corrupt' minister - Aug 16, 2011
- Jeweller, son, guard killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 10, 2011
- Minister flayed for saying officials can steal from state coffers - Aug 10, 2012
- Sack minister indicted by Lok Ayukta, Congress tells Mayawati - Nov 29, 2011
- BJP terms Shivpal Yadav's comments reckless - Aug 10, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh minister resigns after Lokayukta's rap - Aug 17, 2011
- Mayawati sacks two more ministers on graft charges - Oct 05, 2011
- Mulayam day-dreaming of becoming PM: Beni Prasad - Aug 20, 2012
- Death penalty for 10 people for honour killing - Jun 08, 2011
- Mayawati rules out CBI probe against trusted minister - Feb 27, 2012
- Lok Ayukta names Karnataka IT minister, son in land deal - Dec 02, 2010
- Did not mean any disrespect to Justice Hegde: Digvijay - Apr 21, 2011
- Probe ordered into youth's death in Mathura - Nov 02, 2011
- Lok Ayukta cannot probe Achuthanandan's son: Chandy - Apr 19, 2011
- UP health official found dead, family alleges murder (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: animal husbandry, buddhi, criminal conspiracy, dairy development, development minister, jeweller, judicial magistrate, legislator, local administration, lok ayukta, misra, mithun, murder case, murder conspiracy, pratap singh, private security guard, ranjit, sagar, triple murder, yadav