Uttar Pradesh minister, BSP candidate accused of violating poll codeMarch 16th, 2009 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 16 (IANS) The Election Commission Monday issued notices to a minister in the Uttar Pradesh government and a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) candidate for violating the model code of conduct.
The poll panel issued a notice to Ashok Bajpai, the BSP nominee from Allahabad Lok Sabha constituency, after seeing TV footage of him organising a film show for the local people.
Since Institutional Finance Minister Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi was also present on the occasion, he too has been charged with being a party to the violation.
According to an official spokesman of the commission, “the two leaders were understood to have organised the film show in a cinema hall where they also addressed the gathering.”
The Election Commission also shot off a notice for violation of the model code of conduct to Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate from Akbarpur Arun Tiwari alias Baba.
The BJP nominee had addressed an election rally in Shyam Nagar area under the constituency in Kanpur district without obtaining the permission of the district magistrate.
- Didn't violate poll code, Jayant tells EC - Feb 21, 2012
- BJP retains Agra mayoral seat - Jul 07, 2012
- Poll panel asks Verma to explain 'wilfull' sub-quota remark (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- BJP candidate in Kerala charged for violating election code of conduct - Mar 07, 2011
- Have not violated poll code, says Khurshid - Jan 11, 2012
- Poll panel censures Khurshid for quota announcement (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Rahul did not violate poll code, says Congress - Feb 20, 2012
- Quota row: Poll panel notice to Khurshid on BJP's complaint (Night Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- BJP complains to poll panel against Verma's quota remarks (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Not guilty of violating model code, Verma tells poll panel (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Ajit Pawar, Pune mayor get notices for violating poll code - Jan 06, 2012
- Strict enforcement of model code in Uttar Pradesh: Poll official - Dec 27, 2011
- Mayawati behind FIR against Rahul: Congress - Feb 21, 2012
- BJP sweeps corporation polls in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Will oppose any move to weaken poll panel: BJP - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: allahabad, ashok, bahujan samaj party, cinema hall, district magistrate, election commission, election rally, film show, finance minister, gopal gupta, institutional finance, Lok Sabha, lucknow, model code, nand, nandi, poll code, sabha constituency, tv footage, uttar pradesh government