Use vote, not shoes, as weapon: RamdevJanuary 25th, 2012 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Dehradun, Jan 25 (IANS) Don’t hurl shoes or slippers at politicians. If you don’t like them, vote them out democratically. This is yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s appeal to voters in five states going to the polls.
Ramdev, who is set to address public meetings in connection with the elections, said in a statement that voters needed to exercise their vote — “the weapon of democracy”.
He frowned upon the tendency of some people to throw shoes or slippers at political leaders.
Ramdev’s appeal came ahead of assembly elections in Manipur, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Goa which start Jan 28 and end March 3. The results will be out March 4.
- Throwing footwear: A trend to showcase anger - Oct 18, 2011
- Will not campaign against any party: Team Anna - Jan 20, 2012
- Ignore Ramdev's rants: Congress - May 03, 2012
- Shoes thrown at others, Pawar first to be assaulted (Timeline) - Nov 24, 2011
- Previous attacks on leaders (To go with: 'Ink attack stuns Ramdev, attacker faces mob fury') - Jan 14, 2012
- Congress defeat due to corruption: Ramdev - Mar 06, 2012
- Voting begins in Uttarakhand - Jan 30, 2012
- Ramdev supporters head home, vow to oppose Congress - Aug 14, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM and Congress (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Midnight crackdown on Ramdev gives government nightmares (Roundup) - Jun 05, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Intro Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
- Ramdev reaches Hardwar to heroe's welcome (Second Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 05, 2011
- Slipper attack on Kalmadi latest in similar assaults - Apr 26, 2011
- Shoe attacks started with George Bush - Jun 06, 2011
- Ensure no police force is used against Anna: Ramdev - Aug 15, 2011