US President Barack Obama has not smoked in a yearFebruary 9th, 2011 - 8:56 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Feb 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) US First Lady Michelle Obama has told reporters that she is proud of the President because he has not smoked cigarettes for almost a year now.
During an interaction with the US press at the White House on Tuesday, Michelle said that she has not seen President Obama smoke for a year now.
President Obama has publicly admitted that he has been struggling with quitting his smoking habit. He reportedly promised his wife to stop smoking in exchange for her vote in 2008. That promise remained a promise because the President was seen later on smoking.
The First Lady is now convinced that the President might have kicked the habit for good.
She was quoted in several media reports as saying “I’m very proud of him… ‘I haven’t really poked and prodded him on this,’ the first lady said, ‘because, you know, when somebody’s doing the right thing, you don’t mess with them.”
The Press Secretary at the White House, Robert Gibbs has also earlier said that he hasn’t seen the President smoking. During an interview last December Gibbs said it’s been almost a year since he saw the President smoke.
- Obama finally kicks the butt, 'hasn't smoked for 9 months' - Dec 29, 2010
- Obama has finally kicked the butt, says proud First Lady Michelle - Feb 09, 2011
- Gibbs Claims Obama Hasn't Smoked in 9 Months - Dec 29, 2010
- Obama takes to nicotine gum to kick the butt - Dec 10, 2010
- Michelle Obama to take 'Let's Move!' anti-obesity drive global - Feb 09, 2011
- US First Lady: 'No Facebook for Obama girls' - Feb 09, 2011
- First Lady Rejects 'Angry Black Woman' Image - Jan 13, 2012
- Obama said 'yes, we can' - and quit smoking - Dec 10, 2010
- Obama's daughters find him embarrassing - Jan 14, 2012
- Nikki Haley skips White House dinner to meet friends - Feb 28, 2012
- Michelle Obama to appear on iCarly - Jun 09, 2011
- Obama Administration's Press Secretary Robert Gibbs Steps Down - Jan 06, 2011
- Michelle Obama called 'modern-day Marie Antoinette' over Spain VACATION - Aug 06, 2010
- Sarah Palin brands Barack and Michelle Obama 'unpatriotic' - Nov 20, 2010
- Jim Sensenbrenner apologizes for his comment on Michelle Obama - Dec 23, 2011