Upset RSP, Forward Bloc weren’t present at Third Front rallyMarch 13th, 2009 - 3:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) Upset over the way the Third Front launch was planned, leaders of two Left outfits - the Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP) and the Forward Bloc - did not show up for the massive rally in Tumkur near Bangalore, party members revealed Friday.
While the RSP acknowledged its displeasure over the way the new formation was launched, the Forward Bloc cited lack of proper communication from the organisers as the reason for keeping away from Thursday’s meeting of non-Bharatiya Janata Party and non-Congress parties.
“It was a conscious, deliberate decision not to attend the rally. Because we are not satisfied over the way it was launched. There was no prior consultation or discussion among the parties (before the launch),” RSP general secretary T.J. Chandrachoodan said here Friday.
“The Third Front should be formed on the basis of certain policies and programmes. And the Left parties should have an upper hand in the new formation,” Chandrachoodan told IANS.
MP and Forward Bloc leader Barun Mukherjee said he did not turn up for the rally due to “some sort of miscommunication”.
“Our party leader Debabrata Biswas is in China. I was supposed to attend the rally. I did not attend due to a miscommunication,” Mukherjee told IANS by telephone from Kolkata.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), CPI, RSP and the Forward Bloc constitute the Left bloc.
CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat and CPI general secretary A.B. Bardhan attended the rally, organised by Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) supremo H.D. Deve Gowda.
- Left opposes hike in fuel prices - May 23, 2012
- Left says presidential candidate should be widely accepted - May 23, 2012
- Change in Left's 'olden' perception towards Obama? - Oct 28, 2010
- Left in dilemma over support to Pranab - Jun 15, 2012
- Forward Bloc questions Left's plan to attend Obama speech (Lead) - Oct 30, 2010
- Left Front leaders to attend Mamata's swearing-in - May 20, 2011
- Third Front on March 12? Left parties not so sure - Mar 04, 2009
- Fuel price hike a cruel blow on the people: Left - Jun 25, 2010
- Third Front parties to meet, but front's revival not on cards - Apr 11, 2010
- Left parties divided over supporting Pranab - Jun 21, 2012
- CPI-M meet on president poll Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
- CPI-M, Forward Bloc to back Pranab, CPI, RSP to skip poll (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- No problems in alliance, all united: UDF - May 01, 2012
- Left organises nationwide protests against rising prices (Second Intro Roundup) - Apr 08, 2010
- Thousands court arrest as Left protests price rise (Intro Roundup) - Apr 08, 2010
Tags: bardhan, barun, bharatiya janata party, biswas, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, deliberate decision, deve gowda, displeasure, forward bloc, general secretary, launch, left parties, massive rally, miscommunication, party members, prakash karat, proper communication, revolutionary socialist party