Upgrade Mayawati’s security, BSP tells AkhileshJuly 30th, 2012 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 30 (IANS) After targetting him and his government for its failure to protect the statues of Dalit icons and party chief Mayawati, a delegation of BSP leaders met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday and urged him to upgrade her security as well as for her monuments and statues.
Emerging from a meeting with the chief minister, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader and former minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui said they had demanded that the security for Mayawati be increased to which the chief minister said he will look into the matter without any prejudice.
Siddiqui further said that the BSP has also demanded that there be no cut in the special protection force the Mayawati government had raised to protect the monuments and statues.
According to Leader of Opposition Swamy Prasad Maurya, Akhilesh listened to their demands sympathetically and told them that the government would do everything that was required to maintain peace and harmony in society.
Maurya also lauded the chief minister for racing against time to get a statue of Mayawati erected after it was vandalised by miscreants owing allegiance to the Uttar Pradesh Nav Nirman Sena.
Earlier, the BSP leaders had accused the ruling Samajwadi Party of conniving, inciting and provoking these attacks. At a press conference, Siddiqui and Maurya had also taken pot shots at Akhilesh Yadav, calling him the “bechara CM of UP”.
- UP officials not taking Akhilesh seriously: BSP - Jul 30, 2012
- Mayawati statue vandalised in Lucknow, BSP stages protests (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Mayawati's statue vandalised, BSP warns of consequences - Jul 26, 2012
- UP government races to restore Mayawati statue - Jul 27, 2012
- BSP protests renaming of Lucknow's Kanshi Ram park - Aug 07, 2012
- Mayawati calls meet to take stock of rout - Mar 11, 2012
- Prime accused in Mayawati statue vandalism held - Jul 28, 2012
- Dalit Prerna Sthal lacks security: BSP - Jul 28, 2012
- Three Ambedkar statues vandalised in UP - Jul 28, 2012
- Prime accused in Mayawati statue vandalism held (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- No bail for three accused of vandalising Mayawati statue - Aug 07, 2012
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- What a blow! Mayawati gets a boost, Akhilesh defensive (UP Newsletter) - Jul 27, 2012
- BSP slams Akhilesh's first month in office - Apr 20, 2012
- Mayawati fast-tracks preparations for Lok Sabha polls - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: bsp, chief minister, delegation, failure, leader of opposition, Mayawati, miscreants, monuments, owing allegiance, party chief, peace and harmony, pot shots, prejudice, racing against time, sena, statues, yadav