UPA to be number one in hung Lok Sabha, India TVMay 13th, 2009 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) will finish as the single largest coalition in a hung Lok Sabha with 195-201 seats, an India TV exit poll said Wednesday.
This tally could go up to 227-237 if the seats bagged by the estranged Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and Samajwadi Party were also to be included, it said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) was expected to finish with 189-195 Lok Sabha seats and the Third Front with 113-121 seats, it said.
The survey covered 530 seats and involved 1,000 enumerators.
- UPA, NDA in close race, say exit polls (Lead) - May 13, 2009
- UPA, NDA in close finish: Exit polls (Second Lead) - May 13, 2009
- UPA barely ahead of NDA in photo finish: Exit polls (Roundup) - May 14, 2009
- Lok Sabha battle ends, exit poll puts UPA ahead (Evening Lead) - May 13, 2009
- Lok Sabha battle ends, India heads for cliffhanger verdict (Roundup) - May 13, 2009
- JD-U, BJP poised to bag 201 seats - Nov 24, 2010
- Hopeful getting Mamata's support, says Pranab (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Congress-led UPA slightly ahead of BJP led NDA in exit polls - May 13, 2009
- Nitish Kumar rejects exit poll results - Nov 23, 2010
- Voting in Bihar for Rajya Sabha seats - Jun 17, 2010
- In Bihar, RJD leaders feel need for tie-up with Congress - Oct 22, 2010
- Paswan, Rudy win Rajya Sabha polls from Bihar - Jun 17, 2010
- Women's quota bill moved, torn to shreds - Mar 08, 2010
- UPA and its constituents - Jun 15, 2012
- TDP to abstain in presidential election - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, congress, exit poll, india tv, ljp, lok sabha india, lok sabha seats, national democratic alliance, nda, New Delhi, progressive alliance, rjd, Samajwadi Party, tally