UPA responsible for loot of the country: GadkariFebruary 5th, 2011 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 5 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Saturday blamed the United Progressive Alliance government for the price rise, corruption and “loot of the country”.”Congress-led UPA government is solely responsible for the price rise, rampant corruption and loot of the country,” Gadkari said at a party workers meeting here.
Gadkari said the UPA failed to check and control price rise despite countrywide protests. “It is a clear cut case of apathy for the common man who has been badly hit by price rise,” he said.
The party workers meeting was held at Gandhi Maidan here to honour party workers who worked hard during the October-November assembly polls.
“The party honoured hundreds of common party workers for their contribution that brought the party to power for the second consecutive term in Bihar,” BJP leader Sudhir Sharma told IANS.
Gadkari said that the Congress had looted the country. He alleged that people like Ottavio Quattrocchi, involved in the Bofors scam, were permitted in the house of top Congress leaders without any security check.
Gadkari also said that along with former telecom minister A. Raja, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi too were responsible for the 2G spectrum scam.
Gadkari questioned the central government’s strategy not to declare the names of those Indians who had stashed black money in Swiss banks.
He said the black money stashed in Swiss banks should be brought back to India and the names of the account holders be made public.
- Gadkari questions relations between Gandhis, Quattrocchi - Jan 12, 2011
- UPA is looting the country: Gadkari - Jan 29, 2011
- Advani pulls up Congress Govt. for failing to bring back 'black money' - Jan 09, 2011
- BJP aims to attack UPA's scam record to win in 2014 (Night Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- Advani slams government on illegal wealth in foreign banks - Jan 17, 2011
- Gadkari slams UPA government for rampant inflation - Jul 08, 2012
- BJP slams UPA Govt., alleges Bofors scam reached Gandhi's doorstep - Jan 09, 2011
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- MPs seek government explanation in Bofors issue (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Bofors storm rocks parliament, fresh probe demanded (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Prosecute Sonia Gandhi: Punjab minister - Jan 04, 2011
- Bofors storm rocks parliament, opposition seeks fresh probe (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Bofors scam: Decision on Ottavio Quattrocchi case today - Jan 06, 2011
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Second Lead, superseding previous story) - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: alliance government, bjp leader, black money, bofors, common man, congress leaders, congress president sonia gandhi, consecutive term, loot, manmohan, manmohan singh, nitin, patna, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, quattrocchi, rampant corruption, swiss banks, top congress