UPA is looting the country: GadkariJanuary 29th, 2011 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 29 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Saturday said the 2G spectrum scam will bring down the United Progressive Alliance government and added that former communications minister A. Raja could not have done the “misdeed” on his own.He also accused the Congress and the DMK government in Tamil Nadu of looting the country and trying to perpetuate family rule.
Addressing a party rally here to commemorate the completion of 41-day statewide Tamarai yatra, Gadkari said corruption and inflation are two sides of the same coin and the price rise in the country is due to corruption.
According to him, 2010 has been a year of scandals - 2G spectrum, CWG (Commonwealth Games), Adarsh Housing Society, Bofors - the total of which is around Rs.2.50 trillion - roughly three percent of India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
He said the BJP would bring back the black money stashed abroad once it comes back to power at the centre.
He asked the UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi as to why the names of people who have stashed away black money overseas should not be disclosed.
Gadkari said the money if brought back could be used to interlink rivers and asked the people to choose between former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (who is for interlinking of rivers) or Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, who is against the proposal.
Raja stepped down as minister in November last year after the government auditor in its report indicted him for allegedly selling 2G spectrum in 2008 at lower prices than the market rates, causing a notional loss of Rs.1.76 lakh crore to the government.
- UPA responsible for loot of the country: Gadkari - Feb 05, 2011
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- Advani pulls up Congress Govt. for failing to bring back 'black money' - Jan 09, 2011
- Marathons, street plays in BJP's anti-graft campaign - Apr 05, 2011
- Advani slams government on illegal wealth in foreign banks - Jan 17, 2011
- UPA trying to curb voices against graft, says Joshi (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- UPA record in corruption unbeatable: Advani - Feb 08, 2012
- BJP to raise Tamil Nadu's fishermen killing in parliament - Jan 31, 2011
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Congress cause of country's woes: Gadkari - Mar 27, 2011
- UPA government born out of corruption: Joshi - Aug 24, 2011
- BJP chief lashes out at PM for incompetence in controlling corruption - Mar 27, 2011
- BJP aims to attack UPA's scam record to win in 2014 (Night Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- BJP's nation-wide campaign to expose UPA's failure: Venkaiah - Mar 26, 2011
- NDA will soon decide strategy for budget session: Gadkari - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, adarsh, alliance government, black money, bofors, commonwealth games, crore, dmk government, general secretary, government auditor, gross domestic product, housing society, interlinking of rivers, nitin, party rally, progressive alliance, rahul gandhi, raja, rs 2, sonia gandhi