UPA government misusing CBI: BJPMay 6th, 2010 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) Accusing the government of misusing the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as a political tool, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) MPs Thursday staged a sit-in in Parliament House premises.
Senior leaders of the NDA, including L.K. Advani, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her counterpart in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other MPs of the BJP and other NDA constituents attended the protest in front of Mahatma Gandhi’s statue on the Parliament House premises.
“The CBI is being used as a political tool. The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government is using the CBI to protect some of its ministers who are facing corruption allegations,” Sushma Swaraj told reporters.
BJP Deputy Leader in the Rajya Sabha S.S. Ahluwalia told IANS: “The government used the CBI to tame some of the opposition parties to vote in its favour during the cut motion.”
The BJP has demanded a discussion on the issue in parliament. The ongoing parliament session will conclude Friday.
- BJP MPs to meet president over CBI's 'misuse' - May 06, 2010
- NDA stages sit-in outside parliament over JPC (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- 'No black money abroad', BJP MPs to declare Friday - Dec 08, 2011
- BJP stages protest in parliament complex - Sep 08, 2011
- BJP tells Patil to reconvene parliament for Lokpal bill (Third Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Reconvene parliament for Lokpal bill, BJP tells Patil (Fourth Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Advani leads NDA protest outside parliament over JPC - Dec 13, 2010
- Want our dissent note on Lokpal accepted: BJP (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Protest will continue, say NDA MPs - Sep 07, 2012
- We don't have illegal accounts abroad, declare BJP MPs - Dec 09, 2011
- BJP backs Sangma, allies differ (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Government agrees to discuss PM's statement on WikiLeaks - Mar 23, 2011
- BJP leaders meet president on 'parliament subversion' (Second Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP delegation meets president to discuss Lokpal bill (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
Tags: ahluwalia, arun jaitley, bjp, cbi, central bureau of investigation, corruption allegations, deputy leader, l k advani, leader of opposition, Lok Sabha, mahatma gandhi, mps, national democratic alliance, opposition parties, parliament house, parliament session, political tool, progressive alliance, rajya sabha, sushma swaraj