UP to withdraw cases slapped against farmersAugust 22nd, 2012 - 12:55 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 21 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government will be withdrawing cases slapped on farmers during the Mayawati regime, announced Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday after meeting a delegation of Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) led by Rakesh Tikait.
Akhilesh Yadav, when told by Tikait that while ‘false’ cases were being withdrawn against Samajwadi Party (SP) workers, the promise made by him for a similar exercise for falsely implicated farmers was not being attended to.
The chief minister asked the BKU leader to furnish a list of such cases and assured him that the cases would be withdrawn.
Cases against several farmers were lodged in Tappal and Bhatta Parsaul in Noida for opposing acquisition of land during the BSP government.
The farmers were also assured that their sugarcane dues would be cleared within three weeks and that service lanes along the 165-km long Yamuna Expressway, opened earlier this month between Noida and Agra, would be constructed within six months.
- Withdraw cases against Bhatta farmers: Rajnath to Akhilesh - May 08, 2012
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway opens, cutting Delhi-Agra run to 150 minutes - Aug 09, 2012
- Rajnath, Paswan held for joining farmers' protest (Second Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Protesting farmers invite Tikait to lead agitation - Aug 19, 2010
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway awaits Akhilesh nod (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Rights panel finalises Bhatta-Parsaul report - Jul 05, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh farmers call indefinite fast from Monday - Aug 28, 2010
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Tikait addresses agitating farmers - Aug 21, 2010
- Akhilesh moots extension of Yamuna Expressway to Lucknow - Aug 13, 2012
- Farmers protest as Yamuna Expressway opens - Aug 09, 2012
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Fourth Lead, correcting designation in para 4) - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011