UP to get 148 model schools: Sonia GandhiJuly 26th, 2012 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Rae Bareli, July 26 (IANS) In the first visit to her Lok Sabha constituency in Rae Bareli after the Congress party’s poll debacle in Uttar Pradesh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi Thursday said the government is taking many steps to strengthen education facilities in the state.
“Society and country will prosper only when more people are educated. And that is why the UPA government has taken many steps in the education sector,” Gandhi said, after laying the foundation stone of a roadway project here.
Gandhi said the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) is taking concrete steps to strengthen policies on education.
“In every block of the country, a model school is being set up, for which 75 percent aid is being given by the central government. Uttar Pradesh has given permission for 148 such schools to be set up,” Gandhi added.
Other than education, Gandhi spoke about roadways project in the pipeline for Rae Bareli.
“Work on widening the Rae Bareli-Allahabad road would be started soon at a cost of Rs.300 crore. The UPA government has given approval for national highway projects at a cost of Rs.1,800 crore,” she said.
- UPA focus on implementing Right to Education act: Sonia Gandhi - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi tells women panchayat members to overcome social hurdles - Feb 05, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi expresses concern over high school dropout rate among children - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonia announces several schemes for Rae Bareli - Jul 27, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Six pharma research institutes to be set up - Sep 30, 2011
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi offers to resign over UP results (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Sonia blames party weakness for debacle (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Pay attention to your scam-ridden party, Mayawati tells Sonia - Nov 26, 2010
- Delhi to spend Rs.440 crore on roads, afforestation - Jun 26, 2012
- UP allots land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli town - Aug 13, 2012
- With Rs.669 crore, UP speeds up Kumbh Mela work - Apr 27, 2012
- Lawyers, roadways employees clash in Uttar Pradesh - May 23, 2011
Tags: allahabad, central government, concrete steps, congress party, education facilities, education sector, foundation stone, highway projects, laying the foundation, Lok Sabha, model school, model schools, poll debacle, progressive alliance, rae bareli, roadway project, roadways, s poll, sabha constituency, sonia gandhi