UP rolls out ambulance service for villages, districtsAugust 22nd, 2012 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 22 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday flagged off 200 brand new ambulances for some districts of the state.
Speaking before the flagging-off ceremony, Yadav said the Samajwadi Party (SP) government had prioritised healthcare in its election manifesto and he was happy that the first steps in this direction were being taken.
He also announced that in the second phase, 772 ambulances would be rolled out in other districts in October.
The chief minister said the ambulance service would be available free of charge. The ambulances are Tata Winger and Force Traveller vehicles.
The service was launched under a scheme funded by the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
Two ambulances would be stationed at each district headquarters to serve block and village levels on SOS basis, an official said.
A call centre will soon be set up, and those in need of emergency ambulance services could call 102.
The state government is set to recruit some 2,100 drivers on contract basis to man the vehicles.
- UP government rolls out 133 ambulances - Sep 14, 2012
- UP scraps admission fee in government hospitals - Aug 23, 2012
- Unemployment allowance to be given from September: Akhilesh - Aug 14, 2012
- Akhilesh sets fresh rules for SP workers, says don't cross 'Lakshman Rekha' - Mar 17, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Tripura to launch 24X7 ambulance service - Jul 28, 2012
- UP to hold students union polls on Lyngdoh panel pattern - Aug 23, 2012
- Lok Sabha polls can happen any time after an year: Mulayam - Mar 23, 2012
- Lok Sabha polls anytime after a year: Mulayam (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Jairam hopes Akhilesh brings in good governance to UP - Mar 10, 2012
- 'Samajwadi Party will get full majority in UP' - Feb 10, 2012
- Course correction if Mulayam wishes it: Akhilesh - Aug 01, 2012
- Samajwadi Party leader expelled for protests against Rahul Gandhi - Dec 13, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav files nomination for legislative council - Apr 12, 2012
- Miffed Azam Khan offers to quit UP cabinet - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: ambulance service, call centre, chief minister, contract basis, district headquarters, election manifesto, emergency ambulance services, first steps, national rural health, national rural health mission, new ambulances, Samajwadi Party, second phase, state government, tata winger, traveller, yadav