UP government reacts sharply to Maya’s diatribeMay 19th, 2012 - 11:40 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 19 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government Saturday reacted sharply to Bahujan Samaj party chief Mayawati’s utterances on the law and order situation in the state and said that the former chief minister should look at the figures during her tenure before blaming the two-month-old Samajwadi Party (SP) regime.
Senior SP leader and Rajya Sabha member Ram Gopal Yadav said the BSP president was making unverified charges and added that the government was serious on improving the law and order in the state.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav also blasted his predecessor and said it has just been a day since he reviewed the law and order scenario in the state. In the next 15 days the change will be felt, he added.
Senior SP leader and cabinet minister Mohd Azam Khan said the BSP leader was frustrated and was making wild charges in the wake of the various scams and graft skeletons tumbling out of her cupboard. “We are collecting data of all the plunder under her government and would make it public, everyone will know what is the truth,” he added.
The state government Saturday directed Director General of Police (DGP) A.C. Sharma and Principal Secretary (Home) R.M. Srivastava to begin touring the state and to personally review law and order.
- BSP-SP 'war' set to get shriller in times to come - May 21, 2012
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- UP assembly opens on stormy note - May 28, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Communal riot add to Mulayam-Akhilesh's headache - Jun 02, 2012
- After bedlam, UP assembly adjourned till Tuesday (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Akhilesh stakes claim to form government - Mar 10, 2012
- At 38, Akhilesh to be UP's youngest chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- UP Police chief, home secretary to review law and order - Jun 01, 2012
- Akhilesh has no control over officials, party workers: BJP - May 17, 2012
- Bukhari calls on Mulayam, seeks more Muslim say in governance - Apr 13, 2012
- Law and order breakdown in Uttar Pradesh: Mayawati - May 19, 2012
- 250 murders a day in Akhilesh-ruled UP, claims BSP - Apr 27, 2012
- Have flip-flops spiked Akhilesh Yadav's political honeymoon? (News Analysis) - Jul 09, 2012
- Stay put to fight us out, Akhilesh tells Mayawati - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: akhilesh yadav, azam khan, cabinet minister, chief minister, cupboard, diatribe, director general, law and order, lucknow, party chief, plunder, principal secretary, rajya sabha, ram gopal, sabha member, Samajwadi Party, skeletons, state chief, uttar pradesh government, utterances