UP cabinet clears unemployment allowanceMay 11th, 2012 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 11 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh cabinet Friday put its stamp of approval on the unemployment allowance which the Samajwadi Party had promised. The move is likely to benefit over nine lakh unemployed but cost the state Rs.1,113 crore in the current financial year alone.
The labour department has already drafted the rules for the allowance. Class X has been set as the basic minimum qualification for a person in UP to be eligible for the allowance.
Under the scheme, each unemployed youth will get Rs.1,000 a month and this will be paid on a quarterly basis, a government official told IANS.
The cabinet has also approved the terms, conditions and eligibility criterion for the unemployed allowance which is for those in the age of 30-40 and who are still unemployed.
The beneficiaries should also be registered in the employement exchange, should be a resident of Uttar Pradesh and should be residing in the state.
The cabinet also decided that such a person who gets the sop should not have family income exceeding Rs.36,000 per annum. His combined family income (including that of father-mother and in-laws) should not exceed Rs.1.5 lakh rupees per annum.
At district level, employment officials under the district magistrates would be responsible for rolling out the funds.
The moment the unemployed beneficiary gets a job, the allowance will be stopped.
To avoid misuse, the cabinet has directed district magistrates and other officials to randomly check the affidavits of the unemployed, a government spokesman said.
- UP set to dole out unemployment allowance - Sep 08, 2012
- Mamata expands subsidised rice scheme - Jun 01, 2011
- UP to dole out unemployment allowance in July - Jun 29, 2012
- SP's poll sop sparks law and order scare - Mar 13, 2012
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
- Unemployment allowance to roll out in July - Jun 29, 2012
- Post-Class 10 scholarships hiked for Schedule Tribes students - Jun 02, 2011
- UP cabinet approves Samajwadi Party's polls sops - Mar 16, 2012
- Rs.1,200 crore scholarship plan for Kashmir approved - Aug 04, 2011
- Dikshit announces job scheme for poor - Jul 31, 2012
- Mayawati launches scheme to woo upper caste poor - Nov 01, 2010
- Interest subsidy on Rs.15 lakh housing loan: Mukherjee - Feb 28, 2011
- Fund for construction of rural toilets doubled - Jun 07, 2012
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Employees earning up to Rs.5 lakh annually exempt from filing tax return - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: affidavits, beneficiaries, beneficiary, class x, combined family, crore, district magistrates, father mother, government official, government spokesman, labour department, lakh, minimum qualification, quarterly basis, rupees, Samajwadi Party, sop, stamp of approval, unemployed youth, uttar pradesh