UP boy killed as candidate’s supporters fire in airMarch 6th, 2012 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 6 (IANS) A minor boy was killed in Uttar Pradesh’s Bhim Nagar district Tuesday afternoon when supporters of the Samajwadi Party (SP) fired in the air to celebrate the victory of party candidate Iqbal Masood in the assembly polls, police said.
Danyal, 13, was killed in Deep Sarai area in Sambhal. He was standing near some SP workers who were firing shots when a bullet hit him in the chest. He died on the spot.
The additional superintendent of police, Sambhal, told IANS that a first information report was lodged against three people.
“We are looking for them and am sure that they would be apprehended,” the official said.
- Akhilesh tells SP cadres to stop hooliganism or face action - Mar 07, 2012
- Mulayam summons UP police chief, chief secretary over violence (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Mayawati's officials out to taint SP's image: Akhilesh (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- One killed in UP after SP man opens fire during marriage - Mar 20, 2012
- Mob torces four vehicles in Lucknow - Mar 30, 2012
- One killed as SP man fires at wedding (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- BSP officials out to taint SP's image, says Akhilesh Yadav - Mar 09, 2012
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- SP leader's son stabs youth - Mar 22, 2012
- 10-year-old killed in celebratory firing (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Akhilesh firefights as ministers, officials embarrass government (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- BSP man killed as violence continues in UP despite appeals - Mar 10, 2012
- Samajwadi Party leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 12, 2011
- Dimple Yadav elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Dawood's brother attacked, aide killed (Lead) - May 18, 2011