United Progressive Alliance no more united, says AdvaniApril 10th, 2009 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 10 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani Friday said with several alliance partners of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) deserting it, his party has an advantage in the general elections.
“In the last one month, one by one several UPA partners have deserted it and are fighting against the Congress - that itself gives advantage to the BJP or NDA,” Advani, the prime ministerial candidate of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), said soon after he arrived here to campaign for party candidates in Bihar.
He said that the United Progressive Alliance was no more united.
“I am certain after going across the country and reading people’s mood that the BJP will emerge as the biggest party in the elections,” Advani told newspersons before leaving for Buxar to address a joint rally with alliance partner Janata Dal-United (JD-U).
He dismissed any possibility of a Third Front coming to power. “The formation of the next government is not possible without the support of the BJP or Congress,” he said.
Advani lauded Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for putting the state on the path of development.
-Indo-Asian News Service
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
- Sharad Yadav rejects Advani's prediction on 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh as NDA's vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- JD-U, Trinamool yet to reach accord in UP - Jan 27, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA choice for vice president (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP core group to meet today, allies divided over presidency (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Gakari asks party functionaries, allies to exercise restraint - Jun 26, 2012
- Supported Pranab as NDA did not gain from 2007 contest: Sharad Yadav (Interview) - Jun 23, 2012
- Presidential run-up more damaging for BJP than Congress (Comment) - Jun 23, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- BJP's alliance partners in Jharkhand to support Pranab - Jul 17, 2012
- BJP trying to woo Trinamool Congress back to NDA? - May 25, 2012
- Divided BJP discusses option of backing Sangma - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: alliance partner, alliance partners, asian news, bharatiya janata party, biggest party, bihar, bjp leader, chief minister, general elections, indo, jd, l k advani, national democratic alliance, nda, news service, party candidates, patna, prime ministerial candidate, progressive alliance, rally