Unemployment allowance to be given from September: AkhileshAugust 14th, 2012 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 13 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday announced that the provision of taking work from beneficiaries of the unemployment allowance has been done away with and added that its distribution would begin from the first week of September.
It could begin earlier than that also, he said in an informal interaction with media persons.
He said though the party’s election manifesto had held that the unemployment allowance would be given to all those who had crossed the age of 35 and were still unemployed, the government had now decided to give it to unemployed over the age of 25 years.
Akhilesh Yadav also noted that the previous Samajwadi Party government had extended the benefits of the unemployment allowance to those who had passed Class 12 but his government had decided to give it to passing Class 10 too.
He further said that very soon the Kanya Vidya Dhan scheme providing for financial aid for girls passing Class 10 girl students would be set rolling and informed that distribution of free tablets and laptops would also begin by October end or beginning November.
The chief minister also underlined that the state government was serious about the law and order in the state and was acting tough on people trying to disrupt peace and harmony.
He also warned that in case of riots in any district, the police chief and the district magistrate would be directly held responsible.
- UP cabinet approves Samajwadi Party's polls sops - Mar 16, 2012
- UP to provide broadband service to all panchayats - Jul 31, 2012
- Faster development when India fully literate: Ansari - Sep 09, 2012
- No new taxes in Akhilesh's maiden UP budget - Jun 01, 2012
- Akhilesh's laptop, tablet poll sop to materialise soon - Apr 28, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh assumes charge, shunts out Mayawati loyalists - Mar 15, 2012
- UP to promote IT sector - Apr 02, 2012
- UP set to dole out unemployment allowance - Sep 08, 2012
- UP legislators to have 3G connectivity - Apr 24, 2012
- UP to dole out unemployment allowance in July - Jun 29, 2012
- UP cabinet clears unemployment allowance - May 11, 2012
- UP ups taxes on tobacco products - Jun 30, 2012
- BJP promises to remodel Mayawati monuments, oppose minority quota (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Mulayam promises youth laptops; announces sops for Muslims, farmers - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: akhilesh, beneficiaries, chief minister, district magistrate, election manifesto, financial aid, girl students, informal interaction, kanya, law and order, lucknow, media persons, party government, peace and harmony, police chief, riots, Samajwadi Party, state government, unemployment, yadav