Under attack, Chandrababu declares assetsSeptember 2nd, 2011 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 2 (IANS) Under attack from foes and allies, Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister N. Chandrababu Naidu Friday declared his and his family assets: Rs.40.28 crore.
Interestingly, Naidu and his family had declared assets worth Rs.68 crore only two years ago, and about Rs.21 crore in 2004.
Facing questions about his wealth in the wake of Anna Hazare’s crusade against corruption, Naidu said that if anyone proves he and his family own more than what he has declared, he would give away those assets.
But Naidu underlined that the value of the assets declared by him was what it was at the time of investment.
He said he was not giving the present market value as the market price fluctuates.
He revealed that his family members owned assets worth Rs.39.88 crore. His own assets totalled Rs.40 lakh.
Naidu’s son Lokesh has assets worth Rs.6.73 crore while assets in the name of his daughter-in-law Brahmini were valued at Rs.3.22 crore.
The TDP chief, who was chief minister from 1995 to 2004, said his family has 48 percent equity in Heritage company. He said the company has debts totalling Rs.98 crore.
Naidu said he has a house, whose value when it was built was Rs.23.2 lakh.
His wife Bhuvaneswari owned a building over 650 square yards of land at Punjagutta in Hyderabad and has five acre of cultivable land at Madinaguda in Sherilingampalli on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
Naidu declared his assets as pressure was mounting on him.
Naidu, who took part in anti-corruption protests, faced questions about his own integrity both from his political rivals and allies like Communist Party of India-Marxist leader B.V. Raghavulu.
He also faced questions in the wake of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the assets of YSR Congress party chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy and in the Emaar deal.
The YSR Congress party is demanding a CBI probe against Naidu as it was his government which allotted land to the Dubai-based Emaar for its realty projects in Hyderabad.
Naidu’s rivals also alleged that he had only two acres of land before he became chief minister but later amassed wealth running into thousands of crores of rupees. They also claimed that Naidu owns a hotel in Singapore.
- Chandrababu Naidu's family assets down to Rs.35 crore - Sep 13, 2012
- YSR's widow seeks probe into Naidu's assets - Oct 18, 2011
- Rich politician Jagan has Rs.365 crore assets - Apr 15, 2011
- Court orders CBI probe into Jagan?s assets - Aug 10, 2011
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- CBI continues searches in Jagan, Emaar cases - Aug 19, 2011
- Jagan arrested in assets case, party calls for Andhra shutdown (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- CBI probe against Naidu suspended for now (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Congress questions massive increase in Jagan's assets - Apr 16, 2011
- Court notice spells fresh trouble for Jagan, his firms - Jan 25, 2011
- Court should have issued notice before ordering probe: Naidu - Nov 14, 2011
- Jagan arrested in assets case, Andhra on alert (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- 'Dubai' Prasad's links with Naidu, YSR come under CBI scanner - Nov 04, 2011
- Court orders CBI probe into Chandrababu Naidu's assets - Nov 14, 2011
- Suspended TDP lawmaker hits back at Naidu - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: allies, andhra pradesh chief, anna hazare, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chandrababu naidu, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress party, corruption, crusade, family assets, foes, heritage company, lokesh, marxist leader, outskirts, party chief, political rivals