UN flag at half mast to mourn Kim Jong IlDecember 29th, 2011 - 2:48 am ICT by IANS
United Nations, Dec 29 (IANS) The UN Wednesday flew its blue and white flag at half mast at its offices across the world to mourn the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il.
The UN flag was hoisted at half mast at its headquarters on the First Avenue in Manhattan, New York. It was also flying at half mast at its Geneva office and other UN agencies in various parts of the world, Xinhua reports.
In Pyongyang people bid their final farewell to Kim Jong Il in a snowy weather Wednesday. A funeral ceremony was held in the Plaza of the Kumsusan Memorial Palace at 1 p.m.
The 69-year-old leader died from “great mental and physical strain” Dec 17 on a train during a field guidance tour.
Last Thursday, the 66th session of the UN General Assembly observed a minute’s silence to mourn the death of Kim.
- Kim Jong Un appointed North Korea's top military commander - Jan 01, 2012
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies of heart attack - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea bids farewell to Kim Jong-il - Dec 28, 2011
- North Korea mourns Kim Jong-il - Dec 29, 2011
- Kim Jong-il to be embalmed - Jan 12, 2012
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- Dead North Korean leader's son 'great successor': Media - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dead, youngest son takes over (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean succession is stable: South Korea, US - Dec 30, 2011
- China denies sending troops to North Korea - Dec 28, 2011
- Kim's death rocks South Korea's financial market - Dec 19, 2011
- South Koreans send anti-regime leaflets to North in balloons - Dec 22, 2011
- South Korea's former first lady in Pyongyang for condolences - Dec 26, 2011
- South Korea lifts temporary travel ban to North - Jan 04, 2012
- Don't expect us to change, North Korea tells world - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,