ULFA opposes PM visit, calls shutdownApril 10th, 2012 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, April 10 (IANS) The anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) has called a dawn-to-dusk Assam shutdown on April 20 to protest the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to the state.
The prime minister is scheduled to inaugurate the Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the Assam assembly at Dispur.
“We oppose the visit … and call for an Assam bandh. The protest will continue from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.,” said a member of the group in an email to the media.
The prime minister was earlier supposed to visit the state April 7, the raising day of Ulfa. The trip was postponed.
- ULFA firm on April 20 Assam shutdown - Apr 17, 2012
- PM to visit Assam amid shutdown - Apr 20, 2012
- ULFA faction opposes Sonia's Assam visit, calls for shutdown - May 22, 2012
- ULFA attempt to disrupt Manmohan's visit foiled - Apr 18, 2012
- Assam should become a growth engine: PM - Apr 20, 2012
- High security in Assam for PM's visit, IED recovered - Apr 19, 2012
- Centre alerts Assam ahead of ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- ULFA calls shutdown in Assam on Apr. 2 to protest PM's visit - Apr 01, 2011
- Alert across Assam ahead of PM's April 7 visit - Mar 28, 2012
- Shutdown near total in northeast (Lead, Changing dateline) - Sep 06, 2012
- Barua group gives ULFA 3 months to 'return to active duty' - Apr 30, 2012
- Sonia tells Assam militants to join peace initiative - May 26, 2012
- Assam has changed, respond to peace overtures: Sonia to militants (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Sonia to go ahead with Assam visit despite bomb blast - May 26, 2012
- Naga rebel group calls 36 hour shutdown - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: assam, bandh, celebrations, dawn to dusk, dispur, email, faction, manmohan, manmohan singh, platinum jubilee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, ulfa, united liberation front