Uddhav Thackeray to undergo angioplasty FridayJuly 20th, 2012 - 12:28 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 19 (IANS) Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray, who has been suffering from chest pains the past one week, will undergo an angioplasty in Bandra’s Lilavati Hospital Friday, a party official said.
The 51-year old Uddhav, who will celebrate his birthday July 27, was rushed and admitted for a day to the Lilavati Hospital last Monday after he complained of chest pain.
Though details of his proposed operation are not officially available, it is learnt that an angiography and other tests conducted on Uddhav revealed at least three blockages in his cardiac blood vessels.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief and cousin Raj Thackeray Thursday went to the Thackeray residence Matoshri in Bandra East to enquire after Uddhav’s health and his surgery, the party official said. He is likely to remain present at the hospital during the surgery.
Uddhav had been suffering from chest pains since last Friday but it is not known whether he had been on medication prior to his daylong sojourn in the hospital last Monday.
His health condition had apparently been kept under wraps since even top party leaders were taken completely unawares when he was hospitalised.
He has been under the care of a team of cardiologists Samuel Mathew, Jalil Parkar, Ajit Menon, Omprakash Jaiswal, Prakash Jindani and Samad Ansari.
Uddhav’s health condition has been a matter of concern within the Shiv Sena, its allies Bharatiya Janata Party, Republican Party of India and the state political circles.
- Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days - Jul 17, 2012
- Uddhav undergoes angioplasty, is 'absolutely fine' - Jul 20, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray in hospital for angioplasty - Jul 20, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged after angiography (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Bal Thackeray stable, to be discharged - May 14, 2012
- Uddhav visits father in hospital - Jul 28, 2012
- Bal Thackeray discharged from hospital - Aug 01, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged from hospital - Jul 23, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray to leave hospital Monday - Jul 22, 2012
- Quiet, private 52nd birthday for Uddhav - Jul 27, 2012
- Bal Thackeray hospitalised - Jul 24, 2012
- Raj-Uddhav Thackeray 'bonhomie' fuels political speculation - Jul 16, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray admitted to Lilavati after chest pain - Jul 16, 2012
- Bal Thackeray undergoes heart surgery (Lead) - Jul 07, 2009
- Sushma Swaraj meets Bal Thackeray - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: ajit, ansari, bandra, blockages, cardiac blood, cardiologists, chest pains, executive president, health condition, jaiswal, janata party, last monday, lilavati hospital, omprakash, parkar, political circles, raj thackeray, republican party, samad, sena chief