UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national dayDecember 3rd, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Dec 2 (IANS/WAM) Rulers of all states of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have greeted the people on the country’s 40th national day, and stressed the essence of unity.
The national day, celebrated Dec 2, marks the UAE’s formal independence from Britain and the eventual unification of the seven emirates in 1971.
The rulers paid tributes to UAE founder late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, “who made the dream come true”.
Sharjah ruler Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi said the UAE has scored several achievements.
Ajman ruler Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi said: “The union established by the founding fathers late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and the founding rulers of the emirates has been sustained and cherished by the current rulers who believe that the essence of union is strength.”
Fujairah ruler Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi said the founding fathers “turned a desert into a green oasis” that has become an active member in the international community.
Umm al-Qaiwain ruler Sheikh Saud bin Rashid Al Mu’alla lauded the humanitarian efforts conducted by the UAE across the world to help the needy and sick.
Ras al-Khaimah ruler Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi spoke about the outstanding achievements in the fields of education, health, economy and infrastructure.
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE's Fujairah pardons 45 prisoners - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE releases over 80 prisoners - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE to release 179 more prisoners - Jul 28, 2011
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
- UAE to release over 400 prisoners - Nov 04, 2011
- Palm expo opens in UAE - Jun 16, 2012
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- UAE officials hold talks with envoys - Nov 01, 2011
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- Amnesty for prisoners on UAE national day - Nov 30, 2011
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE emirate launches Quran website - Aug 12, 2012
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: active member, eventual unification, formal independence, founding fathers, green oasis, humanitarian efforts, mohammed al qasimi, mohammed al sharqi, ras al khaimah, ras al khaimah ruler, rashid al nuaimi, sheikh saud, sheikh zayed bin, sheikh zayed bin sultan, sheikh zayed bin sultan al nahyan, sultan al nahyan, uae rulers, united arab emirates, zayed bin sultan, zayed bin sultan al nahyan