Two senior RJD leaders join JD-UJune 15th, 2009 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 15 (IANS) Two senior Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leaders, including its national general secretary Shyam Rajak, joined Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar here Monday.
The other RJD leader to join the JD-U was Niroha Prasad Yadav, state RJD general secretary. Both along with their supporters joined the JD-U at the party office.
Rajak, who was also national spokesperson of the RJD, was considered close to party chief Lalu Prasad and his wife Rabri Devi, former Bihar chief minister.
Rajak resigned from all party posts and the state assembly Saturday, while Yadav resigned from all party posts Sunday.
Rajak, a Dalit leader, is a popular face. He has been three-time member of the state assembly from Phulwarisharif since 1995. He was minister in the Lalu-Rabri government for about nine years.
- Three RJD leaders quit, likely to join JD-U - Jul 16, 2012
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish hits poll trail on Diwali, rivals in festive spirit - Nov 05, 2010
- JD-U denies ticket to Mandal junior - Sep 30, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Lalu as chief minister? Others call it daydreaming - Aug 17, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar's Raghopur seat - Oct 09, 2010
- Lalu Prasad loyalist leaves RJD - Jul 22, 2011
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Bihar polls: Lalu's brothers-in-law defeated - Nov 24, 2010
- Notable winners and losers in Bihar - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu to meet election panel over irregularities in EVMs - Dec 22, 2010
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010