Two RJD MPs join JD-U ahead of pollsApril 3rd, 2009 - 3:28 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 3 (IANS) In a blow to Railway Minister and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad, party MPs Vijay Krishna and Ganesh Prasad Yadav Friday joined Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) here, party sources said.
Krishna, the MP from Barh, and Yadav, MP from Jehanabad, were unhappy after they were denied the ticket to contest the Lok Sabha elections.
Krishna, who had defeated Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of JD-U in 2004 elections, said he had felt humiliated at the way he was sidelined in the RJD.
Last month, RJD MPs Sadhu Anirudh Prasad Yadav (Gopalganj) and Giridhari Yadav (Banka) had joined the Congress. Sadhu Yadav is Lalu Prasad’s brother-in-law.
A section of the RJD leadership admitted that party leaders were leaving the fold due to its seat-sharing agreement in Bihar with the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) of Ram Vilas Paswan.
Out of Bihar’s 40 Lok Sabha seats, RJD is contesting 28 and LJP 12.
- Bihar polls: Lalu's brothers-in-law defeated - Nov 24, 2010
- Half a dozen RJD leaders leave party after being denied tickets - Mar 20, 2009
- Notable winners and losers in Bihar - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu to meet election panel over irregularities in EVMs - Dec 22, 2010
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010
- Bihar polls: Case filed against Lalu, Rabri for violating model code - Nov 01, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Third phase of Bihar Assembly polls begins amid tight security - Oct 28, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- More Muslims, women in first Bihar list: Congress (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Bihar polls: Voting under way for third phase (Second Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Lovely Anand, Sadhu Yadav angry as supporters denied tickets - Sep 28, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: 2004 elections, banka, barh, bihar, chief minister, ganesh prasad, janata, jd, jehanabad, ljp, lok sabha elections, lok sabha seats, party leaders, railway minister, ram vilas paswan, rjd, sadhu, vijay krishna, vilas, yadav