Two landmine blasts in West Bengal on poll day (Lead)April 30th, 2009 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 30 (IANS) Two landmines planted by suspected Maoist guerrillas to target poll officials exploded in West Bengal’s Leftist insurgency-hit areas on the voting day Thursday causing injuries to a security person.
“One central paramilitary force jawan was injured in a low-intensity landmine blast in Balrampur area (in the Maoist-affected Purulia district). He was injured in his leg,” West Bengal Inspector General (Law and Order) Raj Kanojia told IANS.
Another landmine exploded when poll officials were returning from a forest area in the violence-hit West Midnapore district, state Inspector General (Western Region) Kuldip Singh said, adding “no one has been injured”.
He said the blast was triggered when the convoy of poll officials, escorted by police and paramilitary troopers, was travelling through Kapaguri forest region.
- Two killed in West Bengal poll violence (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- Three killed in West Bengal poll violence (Third Lead) - May 01, 2009
- One injured in landmine blast in West Bengal - Apr 30, 2009
- Maoist hideout busted, explosives seized in Bengal - Apr 01, 2011
- Moderate polling in Bengal, landmine injures one (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- Moderate to brisk polling in Bengal, landmine blast injures one (Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- Bengal polls: Choppers deployed in Maoist-hit districts - May 05, 2011
- High security but low polling in West Bengal's Maoist belt - Apr 30, 2009
- Full security for poll officials in Bengal's Maoist belt - Mar 30, 2011
- Polling ends in Bengal, 83 percent votes cast - May 07, 2011
- Brisk voting in fifth round of Bengal polls (Fourth Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Brisk polling in fifth round of Bengal elections (Third Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Calling all hands for Bengal polls, willing or unwilling - Apr 14, 2011
- Chhattisgarh Maoists step up attacks to taunt army, say experts - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: convoy, forest area, forest region, insurgency, intensity, jawan, kuldip singh, landmine blasts, landmines, law and order, maoist, maoist guerrillas, midnapore district, paramilitary force, poll, security person, state inspector general, violence, west bengal