Two Karnataka legislators summoned in Andhra cash-for-bail scamJuly 24th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 24 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh’s Anti-Corruption of Bureau (ACB) Tuesday issued notice to former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy’s brother G. Somasekhara Reddy and T. H. Suresh Babu, both legislators in Karnataka, in the cash-for-bail scam.
The ACB has asked both the accused to appear before it for questioning within three days. The ACB officials served notices on them at Bellary in Karnataka.
Somasekhara Reddy is a member of Karnataka assembly from Bellary Urban while Babu represents Kampli constituency, also in Bellary district. Both are leaders of Karnataka’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party.
The mining baron’s brother and Suresh Babu allegedly handed over cash towards bribe for Central Bureau of Investigation judge T. Pattabhirama Rao, who had granted bail to Janardhana Reddy in May illegal mining case.
The ACB reportedly found prima facie evidence against Somasekhara Reddy and Babu after it arrested their aide and relative Dasaradharami Reddy Sunday.
Pattabhirama Rao, his son Ravichandra, retired judge T. V. Chalapathi Rao, a man with a criminal record and a junior advocate have already been arrested and are currently in jail.
The ACB has also arrested two judges, who earlier tried to strike a deal with Janardhana Reddy’s relatives for the bail.
- Karnataka MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- 'Janardhana Reddy wanted bail at any cost' - Jul 23, 2012
- Karnataka BJP MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail deal (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Ex-judge, suspended judge's son arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 16, 2012
- Former Karnataka minister Sriramulu appears before Anti-Corruption Bureau - Aug 21, 2012
- Mediator received Rs.9.5 crore to arrange bail for Reddy - Jul 03, 2012
- Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 19, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Names of two more judges surface in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 11, 2012
- Cash-for-bail: Suspended judge, seven others booked - Jun 09, 2012
- Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy's bail cancelled - Jun 13, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy completes a year behind bars Sep 5 - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: acb, advocate, andhra pradesh, bellary, bribe, brother, central bureau of investigation, constituency, corruption, criminal record, karnataka minister, legislators, prima facie evidence, rao, relatives, suresh babu