Two former DMK ministers arrestedJune 4th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 4 (IANS) Two former DMK ministers — Veerapandi S. Arumugam and I. Periyasamy — were Monday arrested by Tamil Nadu Police on various charges, police said here.
While Arumugam, agriculture minister in the previous DMK government, was arrested on charges of setting fire to huts in Angammal Colony in Salem district, around 280 km from here, Periyasamy was arrested for alleged unlawful mining of granite in Dindigul district, around 400 km from here.
Arumugam was arrested by a special police squad from Salem at his house here and taken for questioning in connection with the torching of huts in the wee hours of Sunday.
According to police, former revenue minister Periyasamy was arrested for alleged illegal mining of gravel without proper permission in Dindigul district.
- AIADMK following vindictive politics, says Karunanidhi - Jun 06, 2012
- Two DMK leaders arrested for land grab - Jul 30, 2011
- Tamil Nadu ex-minister, kin raided for graft (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- DMK boycotts budget over arrest of party leaders (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Stalin detained, DMK protests across Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Four more DMK leaders arrested - Aug 04, 2011
- DMK leader surrenders in land grab cases - Jul 25, 2011
- Tamil Nadu ex-minister, kin raided for graft - May 17, 2012
- DMK MP held on land grab charges - Nov 16, 2011
- Former DMK minister held in land grab case - Aug 25, 2011
- DMK leader held on land grab charge - Aug 31, 2011
- Ex-DMK minister's house searched by anti-graft officials - May 18, 2012
- Former DMK minister jailed in land grab case (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Stalin, 40,000 protesting DMK activists detained (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Another former DMK minister arrested - Jan 23, 2012