Two CPI-M supporters killed in West BengalApril 22nd, 2009 - 1:52 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 22 (IANS) Two activists of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) were killed Tuesday when they were attacked by armed assailants in West Bengal’s Midnapore West district, police said.
Another activist of the CPI-M was injured in the incident that took place in the Salboni area.
The CPI-M alleged that the attackers were Maoists, who had abducted five of their associates Monday morning.
The armed assailants attacked and killed Shakti Sen and Hambir Mandi, and critically injured another CPI-M worker Ranjit Singha, police said.
Two more party workers were missing, the CPI-M said.
Condemning the attacks, CPI-M state secretary Biman Bose said his party will hold statewide protest rallies Wednesday.
- Won't indulge in politics of vendetta: Mamata - Aug 28, 2011
- Midnapore skeleton case complainant himself an offender: CPI-M - Aug 19, 2011
- Another CPI-M activist held in Midnapore skeleton case - Aug 15, 2011
- Biman Bose appeals for peace after Lalgarh violence - Jan 11, 2011
- Maoists kill three CPI-M activists (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- CPI-M expresses 'grave concern' over Bengal law and order - Aug 14, 2012
- Bengal Left Front to launch protests against price rise - Jan 24, 2011
- Condemn Trinamool-Maoist nexus, CPI-M urges people - Jan 24, 2011
- Trinamool supporter killed, arms recovered in Bengal - May 17, 2011
- Trinamool wins in Bengal's political flashpoints - May 16, 2011
- CPI-M supporter dies in Bengal road accident - Feb 14, 2011
- CPI-M leader questions Nandigram accused's induction - Mar 20, 2012
- Biman Bose may face suit - May 04, 2012
- Fresh arrest in Midnapore skeleton case - Aug 18, 2011
- Three CPI-M activists killed by Maoists in West Bengal (Lead) - Jul 17, 2010
Tags: abducted, activist, activists, assailants, attackers, biman, bose, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, district police, kolkata, mandi, maoists, midnapore, monday morning, protest rallies, state secretary, west bengal