Two Bihar legislators face social boycottJuly 24th, 2012 - 6:31 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 24 (IANS) A front organisation of Ranvir Sena has called for a social boycott of two Bihar legislators for their suspected involvement in the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh.
The Akhil Bharatiya Rashtrawadi Kisan Sanghathan has asked people to keep away from Janata Dal-United’s Sunil Pandey and Hulas Pandey, said the group’s Devendra Singh.
The Sangathan was founded by the slain Ranvir Sena chief, Devendra Singh told IANS.
Sangathan president Indu Bhusan, who is son of the late Ranvir Sena chief, asked people not invite the two legislator brothers to any function.
“People should also avoid their political meetings and not even talk to them,” he said.
Last month police arrested two close aides of the legislators from Patna and Jamshedpur for the June 1 killing of Brahmeshwar Singh. Hulas Pandey was also questioned for five hours.
The Ranvir Sena is an upper caste militia that used to enjoy overwhelming support among the landed Bhumihar community.
- Close aide of legislator arrested in Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 06, 2012
- Two legislators linked to Ranvir Sena chief murder? - Jun 08, 2012
- Chargesheet filed over Ranvir Sena chief murder - Aug 28, 2012
- Another arrest in Ranvir Sena chief murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Bihar fears revenge attack after Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 07, 2012
- Violence during Ranvir Sena chief's funeral (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Violent protests rock Bihar for third day - Jun 03, 2012
- CBI probe recommended in Ranvir Sena chief killing - Jun 06, 2012
- Seven held in Ranvir Sena chief killing case (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Bihar minister dares Nitish to sack him - Jun 20, 2012
- Thousands join Ranvir Sena chief's funeral - Jun 02, 2012
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010
- Ranvir Sena chief killed, curfew imposed on Bihar town (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Bihar officials asked to explain Dalit hostel attack - Jul 25, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief shot dead; Bihar put on alert (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012