Turkmenistan president fires minister over poor parentingApril 14th, 2012 - 11:01 am ICT by IANS
Ashgabat, April 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti)Turkmenistan President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov has fired the country’s energy and industry minister at a general ministerial meeting over poor parenting skills, Turkmen television reported.
President Berdymukhamedov dismissed Yarmukhammet Orazgulyev, citing the latter’s poor rearing of his son, who was involved in a serious traffic accident with his fellow students at the Turkmen Politechnical Institute.
During a ministerial meeting, Interior Minister Isgender Mullikov brought up the issue of the accident and said children from high ranking officials were involved, including Orazgulyev’s son.
Berdymukhamedov continued the discussion by saying that unfortunately many leaders do not give sufficient attention to the rearing of their children and their authority as a leader depends on how their children are raised and how they behave in society.
The Turkmen leader also added that as a rule poorly raised children fall into trouble and tragic stories like this particular accident which was caused by children of highly appointed parents.
Orazgulyev, who was a presidential candidate in the country’s elections held in mid-February, sought forgiveness from President Berdymukhamedov saying he was “incapable of giving members of his family fatherly guidelines and instructions”.
The head of the Turkmen Politechnical Institute, Khydyr Saparlyev was also fired while education minister Gulshat Mammedova and deputy education minister Geldimurata Dzhumagulyeva were given severe reprimand.
- Turkmenistan sets up space agency - May 31, 2011
- Turkmenistan grants amnesty to 1,300 prisoners - Aug 13, 2012
- 28,000 died in Russian road accidents in 2011 - Feb 10, 2012
- New gas field found in Turkmenistan - Mar 10, 2012
- Five killed in car accident near Moscow - Jul 22, 2012
- Four-nation gas deal signed in Turkmenistan - Dec 12, 2010
- India signs four-nation Turkmenistan gas pipeline deal (Lead) - Dec 12, 2010
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012
- 63 kids fall ill after eating lunch in Ukraine - Sep 12, 2010
- Iran to hold naval drills in international waters - Nov 26, 2011
- Russians polled 'worst dressed tourists' - Aug 31, 2012
- Russian military cadet dies in skydive - Apr 05, 2012
- Russian army helicopter crashes - Aug 16, 2012
- Bridge stolen in Poland, sold for scrap - Feb 28, 2012
- Nine miners trapped in Peru - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: april 14, education minister, elections, fellow students, fires, forgiveness, industry minister, interior minister, parents, poor parenting skills, presidential candidate, reprimand, ria novosti, television, traffic accident, turkmenistan president