TRS MPs, another minister from Telangana quitJuly 5th, 2011 - 11:36 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 5 (IANS) Resignations of members of parliament, ministers and legislators from Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh continued for the second consecutive day Tuesday.
Intensifying the movement for a separate state of Telangana, Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao and his colleague Vijayshanti faxed their resignations to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar. KCR, as the TRS chief is popularly known, and Vijayshanti said they would soon visit Delhi to personally meet and request her to accept their resignations.
State Minister for Textiles Shankar Rao, who was initially reluctant to quit, faxed his resignation to the assembly speaker from the US.
With their resignations, the number of MPs who have resigned since Monday has gone up to 12.
Two MPs of Telugu Desam Party (TDP), N. Nageswar Rao and Ramesh Rathore, are also scheduled to meet Meira Kumar in Delhi later in the day to submit their resignations.
Nine Lok Sabha members and one Rajya Sabha member of Congress party had Monday submitted their resignations.
Eleven ministers submitted their resignations Monday. The ministers were among a total of 81 members of the state assembly who quit Monday.
While 39 belonged to the ruling Congress party, all 37 of TDP, both members of Praja Rajyam Party (PRP) and three associate members of Congress party also resigned Monday.
As many as 12 members of the legislative council of Congress party and three of TDP also submitted their resignations Monday.
- Four more MPs, 16 legislators from Telangana resign (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Crisis deepens as more Telangana lawmakers quit amid crippling strike (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2011
- Movement for Telangana gathers momentum; cabinet meets (Intro Roundup) - Jul 05, 2011
- Crisis in Andhra as Telangana MPs, MLAs quit enmasse (Roundup) - Jul 04, 2011
- More Telangana lawmakers quit, Congress ready for dialogue (Intro Roundup) - Jul 06, 2011
- 33 TDP legislators from Telangana submit resignations (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Crisis in Andhra as 73 Telangana legislators quit (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Four Telangana TDP legislators resign (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- TRS legislators to quit again as speaker rejects resignations - Jul 24, 2011
- TRS in crisis with cross-voting, suspensions - Mar 20, 2011
- Andhra speaker rejects resignations of 61 lawmakers - Nov 28, 2011
- Three Telangana Congress legislators resign - Jul 04, 2011
- TDP, TRS legislators to quit again, Congress still undecided (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Another Telangana MP resigns - Jul 07, 2011
- Pressure on Jaipal Reddy, others to quit (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: assembly speaker, associate members, congress party, kcr, legislative council, lok sabha members, meira kumar, member of congress, members of congress, members of parliament, prp, rajya sabha, ramesh, rao, rathore, resignations, sabha member, state assembly, state minister, trs