TRS leader slaps Andhra Bhavan official in DelhiJuly 21st, 2011 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) A day after a man committed suicide in the capital for Telangana, a Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader Thursday slapped and abused an employee in Andhra Pradesh Bhavan for refusing to let the man’s body inside the Bhavan premises.
TRS party chief K. Chandrashekhar Rao’s nephew Harish Rao along with other party leaders like K.T. Rama Rao, Etela Rajender and former MP B. Vinod Kumar went to Andhra Bhavan to keep the body of M. Yadi Reddy, who hanged himself from a tree at India Gate Wednesday.
The TRS members wanted to pay floral tributes to Yadi Reddy and bring his body to the guest house from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, where the autopsy was done. However, the Bhavan officials did not allow the body to be brought inside the premises.
Harish Rao, along with others, then barged into the resident commissioner’s office and abused him for not allowing Reddy’s body inside.
In the full glare of media, Harish Rao went a step ahead and slapped a Bhavan official who said he had acted only as per the direction of the Andhra Pradesh resident commissioner.
- Telangana leader slaps Andhra Bhavan official (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Protest at Andhra Bhavan against assault on employee - Jul 22, 2011
- Telangana activists pay last respects to Yadi Reddy - Jul 22, 2011
- Body of Telangana youth shifted to native village - Jul 22, 2011
- Andhra MP, Telangana leaders arrested in Hyderabad - Sep 27, 2011
- Telangana protest reaches CM's office, strike continues - Sep 26, 2011
- Telangana legislators of TDP, TRS to boycott Andhra assembly - Mar 02, 2011
- Telangana MP sent to jail - Oct 16, 2011
- TRS slams Chidambaram's statement on Telangana - Aug 06, 2011
- Telangana town tense as YSR Congress, TRS workers clash - Jul 23, 2012
- Osmania students begin fast, clash with police (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Vijayamma's fast in Telangana concludes amid protests - Jul 23, 2012
- Newly-elected TRS legislators take oath - Aug 02, 2010
- JAC calls for Telangana shutdown Friday - Jul 21, 2011
- Pressure on Jaipal Reddy, others to quit (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: autopsy, chandrashekhar, committed suicide, floral tributes, glare, guest house, india gate, mp, nephew, New Delhi, party chief, party leaders, premises, ram manohar lohia hospital, rama rao, resident commissioner, trs, vinod kumar, yadi