TRS chief expects Telangana issue resolution this monthSeptember 5th, 2012 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 5 (IANS) Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao Wednesday exuded confidence that the Telangana issue would be solved this month.
“The Telangana issue will definitely be solved this month. There is no doubt about it,” he remarked, before leaving for New Delhi along with other leaders amid intensified efforts in the national capital to seek immediate steps for the formation of a separate Telangana state.
KCR, as the TRS chief and Member of Parliament from Mahabubnagar is popularly known, told reporters that he was going to New Delhi to attend the parliament session.
“The talks (on Telangana) are possible. Anything is possible,” he said when asked if he would be holding talks with Congress leaders.
It was the 11-day fast by KCR in December 2009 that forced the UPA government to declare that the process for the creation of Telangana state would be initiated.
- TRS warns PM on Telangana - Jun 29, 2011
- KCR planning another fast for Telangana - Sep 20, 2011
- Expecting announcement on Telangana in two weeks: TRS - Jul 14, 2011
- Telangana party plans to stall parliament - Nov 21, 2011
- TRS slams Chidambaram's statement on Telangana - Aug 06, 2011
- TDP leader dares TRS chief to die for Telangana - Dec 24, 2011
- Victory celebrations in TRS camp - Mar 21, 2012
- Telangana leaders head for Delhi to meet PM - Sep 30, 2011
- TRS offers to share Hyderabad as capital for few years - Sep 29, 2011
- Telangana demand picks up momentum again - Sep 05, 2012
- KCR threatens defamation case against TDP leaders - Oct 28, 2011
- TRS to boycott all-party meet on Srikrishna report - Jan 02, 2011
- TRS to intensify Telangana movement with road, rail blockades - May 12, 2011
- Naidu's 'day dreaming' remark evokes protests in Telangana - Sep 24, 2010
- JAC calls for two-day Telangana shutdown - Jul 04, 2011