Tripura CPI-M cancels mass rally, mourns BasuJanuary 17th, 2010 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Jan 17 (IANS) The Tripura state committee of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Sunday cancelled all party programmes and rallies and decided to fly the party flag half-mast for next three days to mourn the death of veteran Marxist leader Jyoti Basu.
“Basu was a legendary leader. In future Indian politics, his absence would be felt,” said Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, who is also a CPI-M politburo member.
A delegation of nine top CPI-M leaders led by Sarkar would attend the condolence rally and cremation ceremony in Kolkata Tuesday.
Party leaders held an emergency meeting Sunday and expressed profound grief over Basu’s death.
Basu had last visited the state Feb 14, 2005.
- Tripura announces holiday to mourn Left leader - Jun 07, 2011
- CPI-M fumes at denial of site in Agartala for rally - Jan 28, 2012
- Communist leader, 106, dead - Mar 03, 2012
- Tripura CM condoles Lakshmi Sehgal's death - Jul 23, 2012
- Tripura mourns Jyoti Basu's death (Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- CPI-M Tripura legislator dead - Mar 10, 2012
- Tripura mourns Jyoti Basu's death - Jan 18, 2010
- Agartala city chief dies in New Delhi - Feb 10, 2011
- An iconic Communist figure of Tripura dies - Jun 07, 2011
- CPI-M meet on president poll Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
- Be good, clean humans, Manik Sarkar urges Left cadres - Nov 27, 2011
- Veteran Tripura Congress leader dead - Sep 07, 2010
- CPI-M for more women members - Feb 01, 2012
- CPI-M politburo to discuss assembly poll results - Mar 08, 2012
- Pranab calls Tripura CM for Left support - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: agartala, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, cremation ceremony, feb 14 2005, flag half mast, indian politics, jyoti basu, kolkata, legendary leader, marxist leader, mass rally, party flag, party leaders, politburo member, profound grief, sarkar, state committee, tripura