Trinamool’s Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 croreApril 7th, 2011 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 7 (IANS) Former secretary general of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Trinamool Congress candidate Amit Mitra owns assets worth over Rs.7 crore jointly with his wife.
In the affidavit submitted Wednesday with his his nomination papers for the Khardah constituency in North 24-Parganas district, Mitra lists four bank deposits amounting to Rs.2,05,40,752. He also has Rs.42,00,000 and Rs.25,00,000 in Public Provident Fund (PPF) and gratuity with employers respectively.
Mitra has Rs.75,000 cash in hand and owns a Maruti Esteem car and silver jewellery worth Rs.2 lakh. His movable properties amount to Rs.2,84,91,490.
His wife Meera has movable assets worth Rs.40,31,504, including Rs.7,50,000 cash in hand and gold and diamond jewellery worth over Rs.13 lakh.
Mitra has two plots of non-agricultural land worth Rs.5,00,000 and owns a residential apartment in New Delhi worth Rs 1.60 crore jointly with his wife. Both of them have immovable assets worth Rs.1,94,26,661 and Rs.1,89,26,661 respectively.
The income statement for the fiscal 2009-10 shows Amit and Meera have earned Rs.41,65,451 and Rs.6,74,963 respectively.
Mitra is a noted economist, who did his Ph.D. from Duke University in the US, while his wife is a development specialist, who completed her Ph.D. in sociology from the Delhi School of Economics.
- Pranab's son, daughter-in-law own assets worth Rs.5 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Buddhadeb has no house, vehicle, just Rs.5,000 cash - Apr 05, 2011
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief, wife file nominations for same seat - Mar 28, 2011
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Prime Minister's key ministers and their assets - Sep 03, 2011
- 10 crorepatis in Mamata's ministry - May 27, 2011
- Amit Mitra steps down as FICCI secretary general - May 18, 2011
- President declares assets worth Rs.2.5 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Chandrababu Naidu's family assets down to Rs.35 crore - Sep 13, 2012
- Lokpal Bill panel's civil society members declare assets - Apr 16, 2011
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Mayawati added Rs.23.64 crore to her wealth in two years - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: amit mitra, bank deposits, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, congress candidate, crore, delhi school of economics, development specialist, diamond jewellery, duke university, indian chambers of commerce, maruti esteem car, meera, movable assets, nomination papers, public provident fund, residential apartment, rs 2, trinamool congress, worth rs