Trinamool submits letter withdrawing support from UPASeptember 21st, 2012 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) Rashtrapati Bhavan, in a formal communication, Thursday said Trinamool Congress leaders had met President Pranab Mukherjee and submitted a letter withdrawing support from the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
“A delegation of All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) led by Shri Mukul Roy, General Secretary, AITC and Chairman, AITC Parliamentary Party (Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha) called on the President Shri Pranab Mukherjee at 4.30 p.m. today and submitted a letter communicating withdrawal of support to UPA-II with immediate effect,” a release from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The Trinamool Congress delegation included Saugata Roy, Sisir Kumar Adhikari, Sultan Ahmed, Mohan Jatua, Sudip Bandopadhyay, K.D. Singh and Ratan Mukherjee.
- Trinamool quits government, ends support to UPA (Second Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- Trinamool ministers quit UPA government (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- Why is minority UPA in hurry over FDI in retail: Trinamool - Sep 21, 2012
- Bengal Congress seeks at least three union ministers from state - Sep 21, 2012
- Not consulted on petrol hike, will hold protests: Trinamool - Jan 16, 2011
- Ready to leave government if unwanted: Trinamool (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Trinamool, SP, BSP leaders attend Sonia's lunch - Jul 18, 2012
- Mukul Roy sworn in, to take over railway ministry (Third Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Trinamool to launch countrywide protest against FDI (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- Something old, something new in recast Team Manmohan (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,