Trinamool MPs told to attend UPA lunchAugust 5th, 2012 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 5 (IANS) In a bid to repair the strained ties with Congress, the Trinamool Congress leadership has asked its MPs to attend the lunch hosted by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi Monday.
“Yes we have been instructed by our party leadership to attend the lunch. Trinamool MPs, who are in Delhi right now can attend the lunch program,” said party MP and Minister of State for Tourism Sultan Ahmed.
Gandhi will host a lunch for MPs of the ruling alliance and supporting parties Monday, a day ahead of the vice presidential election Aug 7, official sources said.
She had hosted a similar lunch July 18, a day ahead of the presidential poll.
Trinamool is yet to clear its stand on supporting UPA’s vice-presidential candidate Hamid Ansari.
For the earlier lunch, the Trinamool had initially barred its MPs from participating as the party had objected Pranab Mukherjee’s candidature for the presidential post.
But later on, Trinamool supreme Mamata Banerjee decided to extend her party’s support to Mukherjee, and MPs K.D. Singh and Sukhendu Sekhar Roy represented the party at the lunch.
- Sonia's lunch presents picture of UPA unity (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Trinamool to continue opposition to reform legislations - Jul 20, 2012
- Sonia to host lunch for MPs of UPA, outside supporters Monday - Aug 05, 2012
- Trinamool, SP, BSP leaders attend Sonia's lunch - Jul 18, 2012
- Sonia meets Congress MPs ahead of presidential poll - Jul 17, 2012
- Mayawati, Mulayam attend Sonia's lunch - Aug 06, 2012
- India to elect new president Thursday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with comfortable margin (Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- UPA coordination committee to meet in a few days - Aug 06, 2012
- Sonia to select Congress presidential candidate - Jun 04, 2012
- Vice president poll: UPA renominates Ansari, BJP bracing for contest (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2012
- Sonia to host lunch for UPA, supporting parties before presidential poll - Jul 13, 2012
- Trinamool calls Mulayam a 'traitor', hopes for consensus on Kalam - Jun 15, 2012
- Mukherjee will now win by bigger margin, says Congress - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: ansari, candidature, chairperson, congress leadership, lunch program, mamata banerjee, minister of state, mp, mps, party leadership, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, presidential election, presidential poll, sekhar, sonia gandhi, sultan ahmed, ties, tourism, trinamool congress