Trinamool hits out at alleged Congress-Marxist axisJune 21st, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 21 (IANS) As the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) extended support to UPA’s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee, the Trinamool Congress Thursday dubbed the decision as further proof of a covert axis between the Marxists and the Congress.
“This support towards Pranab Mukherjee has once again proved the old friendship between Congress and Marxists that had in turn helped the Left to rule Bengal for three decades. It has proved that the two parties only represent two sides of the same coin,” said Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh.
The Left parties Thursday failed to reach a consensus on the presidential election with the CPI-M and the Forward Bloc supporting Mukherjee and the Communist Party of India and Revolutionary Socialist Party deciding to abstain.
“CPI-M has already lost all political credibility and by supporting Pranab babu, they have committed a political blunder. Because this support has proved that they were never serious in opposing the economic and anti-people policies of the central government,” said Ghosh.
He also alleged that the CPI-M was trying to fish in troubled waters.
“Earlier, Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had said that Pranab babu is their man in New Delhi. Now the CPI-M, by supporting Mukherjee, has returned the favour,” Ghosh said.
Asked about his party’s stand on the presidential polls, the Trinamool MP said: “We our yet to take a decision. There is still lot of time. We will now wait and watch.”
- Pranab telephones Buddhadeb for support in presidential polls - Jun 14, 2012
- Congress-Trinamool rift decided our stand: Karat - Jun 25, 2012
- Left parties divided over supporting Pranab - Jun 21, 2012
- CPI-M, Forward Bloc to back Pranab, CPI, RSP to skip poll (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- CPI-M expels rebel member questioning support to Pranab - Jun 23, 2012
- Trinamool's votes not needed in presidential poll: Congress - Jul 06, 2012
- CPI-M trying to create rift between Congress, Trinamool: Mamata - Jun 30, 2012
- GJM to go with Trinamool on presidential poll - Jun 28, 2012
- CPI-M congratulates Pranab, holds back support for now - Jun 15, 2012
- Pranab is a friend of Communists: Trinamool - Jul 08, 2012
- Presidential poll: Trinamool, CPI-M both losers (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jul 20, 2012
- Mamata indicates end of alliance with Congress in Bengal - Jul 21, 2012
- Pranab calls Tripura CM for Left support - Jun 16, 2012
- CPI-M supporting Pranab to combat communal candidate: Buddhadeb - Jul 07, 2012
- Mamata scores major points against Left (West Bengal Newsletter) - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,