Trinamool disappointed with petrol price hike, demands rollbackJuly 23rd, 2012 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 23 (IANS) Expressing “disappointment” over the announcement of a petrol price hike, Congress’ estranged ally Trinamool Congress Monday demanded an immediate rollback and wider consultation with all parties to chalk out a line of action to tackle inflation.
“The Trinamool Congress is very much disappointed with this decision of petrol price hike. We want a roll back. The decision to increase the prices of petrol has not been discussed with the allies,” said party MP Kunal Ghosh said.
India’s oil marketing companies Monday announced a hike in petrol prices by 70 paise a litre, with effect from midnight, citing increasing international oil prices and decline in the rupee’s value.
Ghosh said that party supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wants a wider consultations with all the political parties to chalk out a path to tackle inflation and oil price hike.
- Mamata 'disappointed' with petrol price hike, demands rollback (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Decision on petrol price rollback in a few days: Reddy (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Would have been happy to withdraw support, says angry Mamata (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.7, opposition and allies fret (Intro Roundup) - May 23, 2012
- Friends, foes alike attack petrol hike, PM defends decontrol - Nov 05, 2011
- Allies join opposition, slam sharp petrol price hike (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- PM will decide petrol price issue: Pranab - Nov 08, 2011
- Trinamool's opposition to petrol hike meaningless: Biman Bose - Nov 09, 2011
- Cut in petrol price evokes mixed response in Bengal - Nov 16, 2011
- Government stands by on petrol hike, allies protest (Roundup) - May 25, 2012
- Congress welcomes petrol price cut, BJP wants rollback - Jun 02, 2012
- Allies join opposition in condemning petrol price hike (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.7, opposition and allies fret (Roundup) - May 23, 2012
- Trinamool criticism is genuine concern, says Congress - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: allies, ally, chief minister, consultations, decline, disappointment, ghosh, inflation, international oil prices, kunal, litre, mamata banerjee, marketing companies, mp, oil price hike, petrol prices, political parties, rollback, rupee, west bengal