Trinamool-Congress used money power: LFMay 31st, 2009 - 12:27 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 30 (IANS) West Bengal’s ruling Left Front Saturday alleged that the Trinamool Congress-led alliance bagged majority of the Lok Sabha seats from the state by distributing money among voters.
“I am hearing from everyone that money bags have worked,” LF chairman and Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) state secretary Biman Bose told newspersons here.
“They distributed money among the voters,” he said.
The Trinamool, in alliance with the Congress and the Socialist Unity Centre of India (SUCI), won 26 of the 42 seats in the state, handing the LF its worst drubbing in 32 years.
- Mamata tsunami sweeps away 34 years of Left rule in Bengal (Night Roundup) - May 14, 2011
- Will probe Left's mass killings: Mamata - Feb 20, 2011
- LF may raise law and order at all-party meet - Jul 29, 2011
- Stop exit polls, demands Left Front - May 12, 2011
- Campaign ends for first phase of polling in West Bengal - Apr 16, 2011
- Left Front asks ministers to regain voter confidence - May 22, 2009
- CPI-M expresses 'grave concern' over Bengal law and order - Aug 14, 2012
- Mamata tsunami sweeps away 34 years of Left rule in Bengal (Roundup) - May 13, 2011
- Trinamool, Congress seal seat-sharing deal for Bengal polls (Intro Roundup) - Mar 22, 2011
- West Bengal's red fort falls (Roundup) - May 16, 2009
- LF renominates Tapan Sen as Rajya Sabha candidate (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Process for Bengal's second phase poll begins Wednesday - Mar 29, 2011
- West Bengal poll battle enters phase two Saturday (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 22, 2011
- We have rectified our mistakes: Biman Bose (Interview) - Mar 28, 2011
- Mamata wins by-poll, Trinamool snatches Basirhat-Uttar - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: biman, bose, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, drubbing, kolkata, lok sabha seats, money bags, money power, socialist unity, state secretary, suci, trinamool congress, unity centre, west bengal