Trinamool Congress activist killed in West Bengal villageJune 4th, 2009 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 4 (IANS) A Trinamool Congress activist was hacked to death and burnt in his house by miscreants in West Bengal’s Hooghly district that partymen have blamed on the ruling CPI-M, sparking political tension in the area Thursday.
Judhistir Dolui was killed by some local anti-socials who barged into his house and killed him using sharp weapons Wednesday night. The incident took place at Khanakul near Arambag in the district.
“We recovered the charred body of Dolui from his house. According to eyewitnesses, there were nearly eight people who came to kill Dolui,” said a senior police officer.
Police said the perpetrators had set fire to two motorcycles and the house before fleeing.
“No one has been arrested so far,” he said, adding, “Right now we can’t say whether it’s a political murder.
The victim’s family, however, allege that the local Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) supporters killed Dolui and tortured other members of the family.
Protesting the attack, Trinamool Congress supporters Thursday staged a number of road blockades across Hooghly district.
- Protest CPI-M 'atrocities' in Hooghly, urges union minister - Oct 12, 2009
- Protest CPI-M 'atrocities' in Hooghly, urges minister - Oct 12, 2009
- Two killed in Trinamool-CPI-M clash over land - Nov 18, 2010
- 22 Trinamool workers killed in post-poll violence: Mamata - Jun 07, 2009
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Left blames Trinamool (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Two Trinamool supporters killed in West Bengal - Sep 09, 2010
- Two CPI-M leaders killed in Bengal - Feb 22, 2012
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Mamata terms it infighting (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- CPI-M leader killed in Bengal clash - May 14, 2011
- Trinamool team visits violence-hit Hooghly district - Nov 27, 2009
- One killed, five injured in Trinamool-CPI-M clashes - Nov 26, 2009
- Trinamool supporter killed, arms recovered in Bengal - May 17, 2011
- Trinamool blames CPI-M for attack on relief camp - Jan 22, 2011
- One dead, six injured in Trinamool-CPI-M clash in West Bengal - Nov 26, 2009
- Two brothers killed in Bengal - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: activist, bengal village, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress supporters, CPI, eyewitnesses, hooghly district, kolkata, members of the family, miscreants, perpetrators, police officer, political murder, political tension, road blockades, socials, trinamool congress, wednesday night, west bengal