Trinamool claims two workers hurt by CPI-M menOctober 13th, 2010 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 13 (IANS) Two Trinamool Congress activists were injured in an attack by the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) supporters in West Bengal’s West Midnapore district Wednesday, a leader of the state’s main opposition party said.
Trinamool MP Subhendhu Adhikary said: “Biplab Pal and Ramakanta Mondal were beaten up by CPI-M hooligans near Kantapahari High School in Lalgarh area.”
“Our men were attacked by the CPI-M cadres and the police have not taken any step against the accused,” alleged Adhikary.
West Midnapore Superintendent of Police Manoj Verma refused to comment on the issue.
The Trinamool Congress Wednesday held a rally in Lalgarh area.
The opposition party protested against the CPI-M’s claim that democracy had returned in the area after 12,000 left wing cadres, who were allegedly ousted from Lalgarh by the Maoists, returned to their villages Sunday.
On Wednesday, Adhikary and Trinamool’s senior leader and Minister of State for Shipping Mukul Roy led a procession to Lalgarh.
An estimated 2,000 people holding Trinamool flags went around Lalgarh market and held a rally near the CPI-M party office.
Adhikary alleged that the CPI-M hooligans have re-entered the area with the help of the joint forces.
“The joint forces are helping the CPI-M cadres and hooligans to carry out atrocities against our party workers,” he said.
- Pro-Maoist activist killed in Bengal - Dec 20, 2010
- Trinamool blames CPI-M for attack on relief camp - Jan 22, 2011
- Three CPI-M offices torched in West Bengal - Sep 07, 2010
- Fresh violence erupts in Bengal, seven held - Nov 24, 2010
- Mamata terms CPI-M 'cowards' - Oct 07, 2010
- One held for Lalgarh carnage - Jan 14, 2011
- CPI-M killing people in name of Maoists: Mamata - Oct 23, 2010
- Trinamool leader attacked in West Midnapore - Oct 23, 2010
- Opposition shutdowns hit life in parts of Bengal - Jan 10, 2011
- Trinamool wins in Bengal's political flashpoints - May 16, 2011
- Trinamool holds rally with supporter's corpse - Dec 20, 2010
- Trinamool accuses CPI (M), police of harassing and arresting party workers - Oct 14, 2010
- Journalists allege assault by CPI-M cadres in Bengal - Sep 03, 2010
- Mamata demands pull back of forces from Lalgarh - Sep 25, 2010
- Maoists should be thrown out of West Bengal: Buddhadeb - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: activists, atrocities, cadres, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, flags, hooligans, main opposition party, manoj, maoists, midnapore district, minister of state, mondal, mukul, procession, rally, superintendent, trinamool congress, west bengal