Trial of Katara murder case witness haltedApril 21st, 2008 - 11:38 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday asked a Ghaziabad court to stop prosecuting Ajay Katara, a key witness in the murder case of his brother Nitish Katara, on charges of harassing his estranged wife. A bench headed by Justice Ashok Bhan also issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh government on his plea to transfer his case outside the state.
Ajay is the key witness in the murder case of his brother Nitish Katara, who was allegedly killed by former Rajya Sabha member D.P. Yadav’s son Vikas and his cousin Vishal because they resented his love affair with their sister Bharati Yadav.
Ajay is at present facing a trial in a Ghaziabad district court on a complaint by his estranged wife that he was subjecting her to physical and metal harassment.
In his plea to the apex court, Ajay alleged that his wife filed her complaint against him at the behest of the Yadav family and that the Yadavs were out to eliminate him for deposing against Vikas and Vishal in the Nitish katara murder case.
In his petition to the apex court, Ajay also apprehended threat to his life and limb from Yadav’s family.
In his deposition before a Delhi court, Ajay said he had seen Vikas and Vishal taking away Nitish in a car from a marriage party in Ghaziabad on the night of Feb 16-17, 2002.
The body of Nitish was later recovered from Khurja in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Arguments on punishment July 12 - Jul 07, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011
- Vikas Yadav gets one day's leave from jail (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Delhi Police issued notice on Vikas Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: ajay, apex, apex court, ashok, behest, bhan, d p yadav, delhi court, deposition, key witness, khurja, life and limb, love affair, marriage party, nitish katara murder case, plea, rajya sabha member, uttar pradesh government, vikas, vishal