Top Philippine official missing after plane crashAugust 18th, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Aug 18 (IANS) A light aircraft carrying the interior secretary of the Philippines crashed Saturday in the country. While an aide was rescued, the secretary and two pilots were missing, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines’ Masbate province, according to ABS-CBN TV.
The interior and local government department said Robredo was on a plane from Cebu to Naga.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 p.m., requesting for an emergency landing.
However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
ABS-CBN said Robredo’s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site.
Masbate City vice-governor Vince Revi said a search operation was going on, but could not determine the status of Robredo and the other passengers.
- Philippines interior secretary untraceable - Aug 19, 2012
- 12 killed in Philippines plane crash - Dec 10, 2011
- Philippines likely to impose no-sex rule on the beach - Jan 07, 2011
- Three killed in cargo plane crash in Philippines - Apr 22, 2010
- 15 killed in Philippines accident - Jul 04, 2010
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots bail out (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 40 survivors found in Islamabad plane crash - Jul 28, 2010
- MiG-29 crashes in Siberia - Sep 07, 2012
- Philippine police admit shortcomings in bloody hostage-taking - Aug 24, 2010
- IAF Mirage combat jet crashes, pilots safely bail out (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Small plane crashes in Canada - Oct 28, 2011
- Four police officers sacked over bungled hostage rescue - Aug 25, 2010
- Philippine air force plane crashes, 8 dead - Jan 28, 2010
- Four dead as Typhoon Conson batters Philippines - Jul 14, 2010
Tags: abs cbn, cebu, central philippines, crash site, distress call, emergency landing, government department, government secretary, interior secretary, jesse robredo, light aircraft, masbate bay, masbate province, plane crash, revi, search operation, seater plane, secretary of the philippines, vice governor, xinhua