Top officials transferred in Tamil NaduMay 17th, 2011 - 1:04 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 16 (IANS) On its first day in office, Tamil Nadu’s J. Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK government Monday transferred nine top bureaucrats and two police officers.
The government appointed Debendranath Sarangi as the new chief secretary in the place of S. Malathi, who has been transferred and posted as additional chief secretary/director, economics and statistics.
Jayalalithaa, who said her priority will be to restore law and order, transferred Chennai Police Commissioner T. Rajendran as inspector general of prisons, while incumbent J.K. Tripathy will be the new Chennai police chief.
M. Sheela Priya, additional chief secretary/director, economics and statistics, has been posted as additional chief secretary/secretary-I to Jayalalithaa.
Agriculture Secretary Rama Mohan Rao and Personnel and Administrative Reforms Principal Secretary K.N.Venkataramanan have been posted as principal secretaries to the chief minister.
A. Ramalingam, managing director of the Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board, has been posted as additional chief secretary to Jayalalithaa.
Reeta Harish Thakkar, joint commissioner, municipal administration, has been posted as joint secretary to the chief minister.
Sheela Rani Chunkath, chairperson and managing director of the Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation, has been posted as principal secretary, home, in the place of K. Gnanadesikan.
- Malathi is new chief secretary of Tamil Nadu - Aug 31, 2010
- Jayalalithaa reshuffles bureaucracy, transfers 42 officials - May 20, 2011
- Tamil Nadu panel to look into uniform education system - Jun 17, 2011
- Panel on uniform school syllabus to meet Jayalalithaa - Jun 27, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Rajya Sabha bypoll on July 22 - Jun 24, 2011
- Jayalalithaa drops senior minister Sengottaiyan - Jul 19, 2012
- Jayalalithaa removes Sasikala, others from AIADMK - Dec 19, 2011
- TV journalist is AIADMK Rajya Sabha candidate - Jun 30, 2011
- Sonia appoints Gnanadesikan as Tamil Nadu Congress chief - Nov 11, 2011
- Uniform syllabus cannot be used this year: Expert panel - Jul 06, 2011
- Homes of Tamil Nadu ex-intelligence chief, official's son raided - Jul 26, 2011
- Face trial in Bangalore Thursday, apex court tells Jayalalithaa - Oct 19, 2011
- Jayalalithaa revokes disciplinary action against Sasikala - Mar 31, 2012
- Expert panel on Kudankulam to meet protestors - Feb 17, 2012
- Sasikala's husband Natarajan arrested - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: administrative reforms, agriculture secretary, bureaucrats, chennai, chief minister, chief secretary, industrial investment, investment corporation, j jayalalithaa, malathi, mohan rao, municipal administration, police commissioner, principal secretary, rajendran, ramalingam, reeta, sarangi, slum clearance, tripathy